CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

riczhang you were right except the wrong group!!!

:lol:, still think she'll take NBR. It seems like a Tilda Swinton type of win and out of left field thing they like to do. NYFCC shocked me though. I was anticipating Riva, Chastain, or Lawrence.

No beasts and no master so far. :unsure:

Well both their chances were killed the moment Beasts lost first feature, and Master lost cinematography.

I would be exstatic if Weisz bumped KK but lets not get ahead of ourselves. critics taste defers from AMPAS more often than not, especially when it comes to such who-saw-it-coming wins.

I don't keira has a chance at oscar, maybe gg

I would be exstatic if Weisz bumped KK but lets not get ahead of ourselves. critics taste defers from AMPAS more often than not, especially when it comes to such who-saw-it-coming wins.

Statistically the last person to miss was Sally Hawkins and then before that Hope Davis, and then Cameron Diaz. So a win is pretty good for her chances, however with a movie that went no where about 9 months ago in limited her chances aren't really as good as it looks.

I guess after oddball picks for Supporting Actor and Lead Actress they had to rein the free-spiritedness in a bit

I think it was more of a matter of the fact that they probably couldn't get a consensus around the main contenders are they're too many of them this year so they've coalesced around an out of left field choice as a consensus. Critics value Consensus more than Passion which is more of the guild's thing. Edited by riczhang

Well, RW and MM certainly brought some life into their category race which has already bene exciding.wasn`t Tilda swinthon last year`s winner who missed out at Oscars?

No, that was NBR. And, Swinton's snub was just shameful, there's never been a contender who's hit that many major precursors and lost out on a nom.

Or maybe not. Last time they matched was NCFOM, and then before that Gosford Park.

yeah true, i had it reversed in my gold derby predicts. i went with Lincoln in BD and BP and went moonrise in screenplay.