baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

The fact that pure irredeemable trash such as This Means War, Battleship, BD, and Taken 2 were on there pretty much renders any "TRUTH" to this list null and void. Bottom line, outside of Inception, Hardy has never been involved with a better quality production, neither has Neeson in the last 19 years outside of Batman Begins, and BRokeback and Rachel Getting Married are the only Hathaway productions that even rival it.

The fact that pure irredeemable trash such as This Means War, Battleship, BD, and Taken 2 were on there pretty much renders any "TRUTH" to this list null and void.Bottom line, outside of Inception, Hardy has never been involved with a better quality production, neither has Neeson in the last 19 years outside of Batman Begins, and BRokeback and Rachel Getting Married are the only Hathaway productions that even rival it.

It's an opinion, as long as Baumer believes it, it is the truth. Just because someone else (or even everyone else) thinks differently, doesn't change that. Edited by Tower

By chance, are you related to Nolan or sleeping with this dude??? I've never seen such a "Bromance" with a filmmaker like I have with you and your love for this guy to such an extreme, it's almost disturbing.. :popcorn:

You have a bromance with Marvel. Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 2

You have a bromance with Marvel.

I've gone to accept that BKB won't think anything less of Marvel then it being the best thing since sliced bread. Edited by Christmas ED
  • Like 1

By chance, are you related to Nolan or sleeping with this dude??? I've never seen such a "Bromance" with a filmmaker like I have with you and your love for this guy to such an extreme, it's almost disturbing.. :popcorn:

ARE YOU RIMMING WHEDON, FEIGE AND THE REST OF MARVEL? I'D HAVE TO POST ABOUT 5 MILLION OF THESE THREADS TO BALANCE OUT THE CONSTANT BLOWJOBS YOU GIVE TO EVERYTHING STAN LEE HAS EVER HAD HIS NAME ATTACHED TOO.

THe Dark Knight Rises made AFI's Top 10 movies of the year.http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/12/10/afi-names-dark-knight-rises-one-of-2012s-bestAFI MOVIES OF THE YEARArgoBeasts of the Southern WildThe Dark Knight RisesDjango UnchainedLes MisérablesLife of PiLincolnMoonrise KingdomSilver Linings PlaybookZero Dark ThirtyTo see TDKR amongst this list of movies says a lot about TDKR.

• Like 2

TDKR is divisive on this site. And maybe other parts of the internet. But that's about it. Most people liked or loved it. Just because it isn't as good as TDK, it doesn't automatically make it a badly received or even mixed received film.I think the consensus would say it was good to great but not as great as TDK. It's just way easier than TDK to tear down, so who's gonna take advantage of that? The dissenting minority with the loudest voices. And where are they gonna voice their dissent? The internet.

• Like 6

The geek sites are really the only places I'm seeing hate for TDKR. A surprising majority of my friends thought it was Nolan's best film. I tell them they're crazy but agree that it's a good movie. It's so big and so desperate to entertain that I couldn't help but appreciate it on a scope level alone.

ARE YOU RIMMING WHEDON, FEIGE AND THE REST OF MARVEL? I'D HAVE TO POST ABOUT 5 MILLION OF THESE THREADS TO BALANCE OUT THE CONSTANT BLOWJOBS YOU GIVE TO EVERYTHING STAN LEE HAS EVER HAD HIS NAME ATTACHED TOO.

You need to add more strawberries to your regime, bro. As Bane said, strawberries are packed with fiber. It's highly recommended to re-enforce your self-control so you can avoid losing your temper and throwing tantrums like that. Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

THe Dark Knight Rises made AFI's Top 10 movies of the year.http://m.ign.com/art...e-of-2012s-bestAFI MOVIES OF THE YEARArgoBeasts of the Southern WildThe Dark Knight RisesDjango UnchainedLes MisérablesLife of PiLincolnMoonrise KingdomSilver Linings PlaybookZero Dark ThirtyTo see TDKR amongst this list of movies says a lot about TDKR.

Where is The Avengers? :popcorn:
  • Like 2

That's what I said.. When a movie grosses the amount of $$$$ it did, you almost have to put it in there in merely acknowledgiing that it grossed that amount for a reason and that reason was pure entertainment ands that alone is high quality in itself.. Putting TDKR in there was out of sympathy and to contribute to the endless Nolan circle jerk.. One loses credibility when they add a movie where your villain is incomprehensible and sounds like a drunken Sean Connery...

AN OVERBLOWN GENERIC STORY WITH NO REAL TENSION OR DRAMA IS NEVER GOING TO MAKE THESE LISTS, THAT'S WHY DEAD MAN'S CHEST AND PHANTOM MENACE FAILED TO GARNER THE SAME ACCLAIM. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES IS A FILM THAT HAS THESE IN SPADES AND ARE EXECUTED MASTERFULLY. TA IS BY FAR THE MORE FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED OF THE TWO. LOKI'S DEFEAT WAS LACKLUSTER, AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE DEUS EX NUKE. Edited by Squaremaster316

To the people who say "why do people pick apart TDKR but not Avengers". Are you serious? It is obviousAvengers was a total fantasy and the filmmakers didn't pretend otherwise. The filmmakers of TDKR abd Nokan fanboys keep boasting how "realistic" and "how it can take place in the real world" so therefore when when there are silly moments in TDKE it stands out a lot more due to the constant boasting of " realism"

• Like 3