baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

Finally saw TDKR last night. Its not a great film at all IMO, but not terrible either. My problems with it:- The movie is bloated but also drags on a lot and never really catches any momentum at all, even at the high points, never felt thrilled. It has pretty much the exact same problem as The Hobbit but not quite as bad. Drag drag drag with no high points or thrills. This is a pretty fundemental flaw IMO, the rest of my complaints are somewhat subjective.- JGL's character was completely pointless. His entire arc and all his actions could've been merged with Gordon's character. Injuring Gordon for most of the movie to take him off the screen was retarded.- The opening scene was really underwhelming and odd.- Bane's death was embarassing for the main villain.- A few really corny moments I that I don't feel like listing.Overall, 7/10(maybe a little lower) and don't care to watch it again.I'd still take this over The Avengers though. I'd rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than watch that shit again.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 5

I'd still take this over The Avengers though. I'd rather stick my penis in a meat grinder than watch that shit again.

I don't think TA was THAT bad, but TDKR was better in many ways.TDKR mainly showed the inequality in our society and how the rich are corrupt compared to the middle class and poor. That's a really powerful statement considering that's the hell we live in today.

I love the pics about the 'amazing back healing rope', the 'wingless plane', the 'unrelated death's for Bruce Wayne & Batman', the video about everything wrong in TDKR, they all make me laugh, in a good way.I love the movie & IMO it ends this trilogy very well, but even I have issues with it, it feels rushed in parts (Bruce in the pit rebuilding his mind and body after having his ass kicked by BANE), not enough Batman in the film (easily fixed by more of him at the start), and as much as I like the Robin taking over idea (I really do as it ties into Bruce's goal from Batman Begins) the truth is that he has zero training and unless Bruce left him excellent training videos or something he would be dead inside a week.People will love and hate the film, but that is all part of the fun.

• Like 1