CoolioD1

SAG Thread (nominees in 1st post)

Ok. FInal ensemble answer. I added back in Les Mis since even Nine got an ensemble nod.SLPLincolnZDTLes MisDjango

You think Argo's gonna miss? That's not gonna happen. I'd take out Django, the SAG nomination committee didn't get Django screeners. 2200 members, no screeners. I suppose they could've all gone to screenings but I'm not sure if that'll be enough to make the cut for ensemble. Leo, Waltz, and Jackson IMO are all out at SAG, no screeners, and vote splitting between the 3 doesn't look good any way you look at it.

AD forums have figured out a way to find out SAG nominees before announcement. Go to SAG official website and type in a contenders name into search bar and if this "The 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominee [insert film]" comes up it means they were nominated......It says Javier Bardem was nominated for Skyfall......

Leaked Nominations:

Best Actor in a Leading RoleBradley Cooper, Silver LiningsPlaybookDaniel Day-Lewis, LincolnJohn Hawkes, The SessionsHughJackman, Les MiserablesDenzel Washington, FlightBest Actress in aLeading RoleJessica Chastain, Zero Dark ThirtyMarion Cotillard, Rust andBoneJennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings PlaybookHelen Mirren,HitchcockNaomi Watts, The ImpossibleBest Actor in a SupportingRoleAlan Arkin, ArgoJavier Bardem, SkyfallRobert De Niro, SilverLinings PlaybookTommy Lee Jones, LincolnPhilip Seymour Hoffman, TheMasterBest Actress in a Supporting RoleSally Field, LincolnAnneHathaway, Les MiserablesHelen Hunt, The SessionsMaggie Smith, The BestExotic Marigold HotelNicole Kidman, PaperboyBestEnsembleArgoThe Best Exotic Marigold HotelLincolnLesMiserablesSilver Linings Playbook

Edited by UptoLight

Leaked Nominations:Best Actor in a Leading RoleBradley Cooper, Silver LiningsPlaybookDaniel Day-Lewis, LincolnJohn Hawkes, The SessionsHughJackman, Les MiserablesDenzel Washington, FlightBest Actress in aLeading RoleJessica Chastain, Zero Dark ThirtyMarion Cotillard, Rust andBoneJennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings PlaybookHelen Mirren,HitchcockNaomi Watts, The ImpossibleBest Actor in a SupportingRoleAlan Arkin, ArgoJavier Bardem, SkyfallRobert De Niro, SilverLinings PlaybookTommy Lee Jones, LincolnPhilip Seymour Hoffman, TheMasterBest Actress in a Supporting RoleSally Field, LincolnAnneHathaway, Les MiserablesHelen Hunt, The SessionsMaggie Smith, The BestExotic Marigold HotelNicole Kidman, PaperboyBestEnsembleArgoThe Best Exotic Marigold HotelLincolnLesMiserablesSilver Linings Playbook

Exactly the same as I wrote.

This was huge, ZDT is relegated from frontrunner to non-contender. No picture has ever won BP with no SAG ensemble nomination. Except the first year they gave out the prize when Braveheaet won. But back then the category was actually ensemble instead of picture and it was the first year after all.And Kidman? And Les Mis in stunts? WTF? Nice to see I got the 5 ensemble nominees right.

Someone make this happen.

I really want to see this.One quick comment. I know not many have seen People Like Us and it is not the kind of film that would garner any kind of interest, but Elizabeth Banks was simply awesome in that film and it's too bad she is not recognized.Now my big complaint....no one from Wallflowers. This is a travesty. Especially seeing Bardem on there in place of any number of deserving actors. Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Apparently many SAG members didn't get to see Django or Zero Dark Thirty, which would explain Django's total absence and ZDT's sole nomination for Chastain (who some might have just put on their list without seeing the movie). Anyway, big news for Marigold Hotel... could make a play at a BP nod? Strong showings for Argo, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook and Les Mis as expected.

Apparently many SAG members didn't get to see Django or Zero Dark Thirty, which would explain Django's total absence and ZDT's sole nomination for Chastain (who some might have just put on their list without seeing the movie). Anyway, big news for Marigold Hotel... could make a play at a BP nod? Strong showings for Argo, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook and Les Mis as expected.

True for Django not true for ZDT. ZDT came 5 days before the deadline at the latest for SAG, more than enough time for voters to see the then frontrunner of the season.

I'd love to see Marigold get a best picture nod. Of all the films that have a chance at a nomination I have that as my 5th best film of the year. So I hope it does. It charmed the pants off me.

Could just mean the ensemble is a bit invisible then. I don't think it slows down the film's traction.

It does. No film bar Braveheart (due to anomalies) has ever won without this nom. They've nommed ensembles of 3 or 4 people before if they thought it was a strong BP contender.

Not trying to turn this into controversy again, but I really don't think ZDT has a shot at picture or director (wins) as the subject is too divisive and like other political films like JFK, there are too many people who will not like it due to the content, as there are that do.