The Movie Man

Most Likeable/Unlikable Actors/Actresses in Movies

In movies (not off screen) most unlikable is Blanchett. Calculated, hammy beyond measure, stagey and emotionally detatched from all her characters, she always comes off as someone who`s duplicious and mean even when the part doesn`t call for it. She`s also pathetic in so-called ass-kicker roles. Her turns in Indy 4 and Robin Hood were absolutely pathetic.Another one is KK. Her pouting and jaw-sticking always paint every single character she plays as vain, vapid and stuck-up even when they aren`t supposed to be. She`s just the same off screen.Nikki Reed. Bad actress whose attention whoring evil persona shines through every role.Elijah Wood. Looks like a child molester so sticking him in hero roles doesn`t work because creep factor is off the charts.Sean Penn. He`s just unlikable period.

Without a doubt, the biggest one for me is Gwyneth Paltrow. She's the kind of person who thinks the average yearly salary in North America is about $300,000/year.

• Like 3

Favorites/Most Likeable: Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood, Hugh Jackman, Rene RussoLeast Favorite/unlikeable: Natalie Portman, Will Ferrell, Woody Harrelson

Interesting. Can you give a reason why for the dislikables? I'd love to know why.

Interesting. Can you give a reason why for the dislikables? I'd love to know why.

Portman - I just don't think she is a very good actress and feel that her lines are often forcedFerrell - I'm not a big fan of comedy/spoof movies and he seems to be at the top of the list for thoseHarrelson - can't really give you a good reason, his roles just don't resonate well with me

Likeable Seth Rogan - he's hilarious and seems just as charming and funny off the screen as he is on. He's also one the few actors who can admit to smoking weed whilst writing his movies, driving etc and still be loved.Daniel Radcliffe - he can't act to save his life but off the screen he is a Lad. He was once out in Ireland and went back to a random kids house party, that's cool.Johnny Depp - I sell glue for a living and every now and then a company who makes snow for movies uses our glue to do so. Basically I ended up on the set for 'On Stranger Tides' and met Johnny Depp. He offered to buy me a beer in the local pub whilst they took a break from shooting as I was shocked that he'd even have the time of day for me. I said no as I had to work and I regret that to this day. He was such a down to earth guy and I've always had the upmost respect for him since.UnlikeableAlex perttyfer - he's supposed to be a right arrogant piece of shit on set and he can't act. Nuff said.Kristen Stewart - I don't hate her, but she's one of the few bad/lucky actresses out there that make it look depressing to be rich and famous.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 8

Most likableMark Hamill - I met him before and he was being hounded by some fans, even though he was being nice and trying to help them. So I wouldn't have been surprised if he was in a bad mood after that. But when I got to talk to him, he couldn't have been nicer. I even got him to do the Joker voice for me.Actually lot of my likable actors are due to meeting them in person so I will just list a few more of those: Danielle Harris, Robert Englund, Tom Hardy, I could go on for a whileOf the ones I never met: Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Gene HackmanDislikable:Gwyneth Paltrow, Shia LeBeouf, Katherine Heigl, SO mostly the people that are very arrogant or are basically a**holes

Most likableMark Hamill - I met him before and he was being hounded by some fans, even though he was being nice and trying to help them. So I wouldn't have been surprised if he was in a bad mood after that. But when I got to talk to him, he couldn't have been nicer. I even got him to do the Joker voice for me.Actually lot of my likable actors are due to meeting them in person so I will just list a few more of those: Danielle Harris, Robert Englund, Tom Hardy, I could go on for a whileOf the ones I never met: Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Gene HackmanDislikable:Gwyneth Paltrow, Shia LeBeouf, Katherine Heigl, SO mostly the people that are very arrogant or are basically a**holes

Tom hardy is one of my favourite actors, is he cool in person? I always got the impression that he was shy.