The Movie Man

Most Likeable/Unlikable Actors/Actresses in Movies

I can't think of any actors I especially dislike, or actively avoid. When I was an extra on Captain America I was in a couple of scenes that involved Chris Evans and he seemed quite detached, but I put that down to it being near the end of the shoot and him being tired.

I hate with my life Andrew Garfield, Samuel L. Jackson, Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Adam Sandler, Justin Timberlake, Jonah Hill, Jason Statham, Lily Collins, Nicolas Cage, Russell Brand, Kevin James, Jesse Eisenberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, John Travolta, Freddie Highmore

I love Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Gwyneth Paltrow, Liam Neeson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Chloe Moretz, pretty much all star trek cast Hugh Jackman, Ana Faris, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, The Rock, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Reynolds, All friends cast, Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell, Olivia Wilde, Reese Witherspoon, Will Ferrell, Cameron Diaz, Tom Cruise. Abigail Breslin, Toni Collette, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Robert Downey, Jr., Dustin Hoffman, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep, Lizzy Caplan, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Dakota Fanning, Adrien Brody, Jodie Foster, Claire Danes, Chris Evans, Drew Barrymore, Abigail Breslin, Sigourney Weaver, Uma Thurma

Edited by Goffe of Oz

I hate with my life Andrew Garfield, Samuel L. Jackson, Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Adam Sandler, Justin Timberlake, Jonah Hill, Jason Statham, Lily Collins, Nicolas Cage, Russell Brand, Kevin James, Jesse Eisenberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, John Travolta, Freddie Highmore

I love Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Gwyneth Paltrow, Liam Neeson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Chloe Moretz, pretty much all star trek cast Hugh Jackman, Ana Faris, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, The Rock, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Reynolds, All friends cast, Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell, Olivia Wilde, Reese Witherspoon, Will Ferrell, Cameron Diaz, Tom Cruise. Abigail Breslin, Toni Collette, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Robert Downey, Jr., Dustin Hoffman, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep, Lizzy Caplan, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Dakota Fanning, Adrien Brody, Jodie Foster, Claire Danes, Chris Evans, Drew Barrymore, Abigail Breslin, Sigourney Weaver, Uma Thurma

Gee, you hate a lot people it seems ... :mellow:

How could you hate Jonah Jill, Jesse Eisenberg, Russell Brand, Samuel Jackson, timberlake, statham, Kevin James and Travolta? They are all nice guys in real life and some of them extremely talented and entertaining.

How could you hate Jonah Jill, Jesse Eisenberg, Russell Brand, Samuel Jackson, timberlake, statham, Kevin James and Travolta? They are all nice guys in real life and some of them extremely talented and entertaining.

I thought we were talking about actors in movies (how likeable they are/or not), not in real life
  • Like 1

I thought we were talking about actors in movies (how likeable they are/or not), not in real life

Some are talking both ways, but how you like the actors in movies was the topic.

Edited by Truman Burbank

Emir Kusturica who is the most prominent Serbian director also happens to be one of Depp's closest friends and he invited him over for Kusturica's film festival ... which is really low key it takes place on a freakin mountain there are like 2 screens with 300 seats tops Well he brought in Depp for a 3 day visit and Depp was just walking around the village by himself and like 2 people tops one of which was his manager ... he talked to people took endless photos ... he got hammered one night with our local drink called rakija which is hard as fuck especially for foreigners and he was up tomorrow doing film workshop with a bunch of film students for the entire day There's all sorts of other stuff my friend told me all about it ... she was there and her family is also a friend of Kusturica's so she even hung out with Depp So like his movies or not this dude is pretty chill and his cool factor is like 500 % Another fun fact about Depp is back in the 90's when he visited Serbia he crashed this gig at an underground club where a local cult punk band was playing and they invited him onto stage where he played with them for like an hour and at one time someone through a glass bottle and hit him in the head ( hey its an underground punk club this shit happens ) and he still continued to play even though he almost got knocked out Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1C574mkfnc

Best:

Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean.

MIchael Fassbender in anything.

Al Pacino in anything.

Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander in the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. She was also great as Shaw, but not on that level.

Robert DeNiro in anything.

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.

Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Denzel Washington in anything. I liked him the most in American Gangster and Man on Fire.

Least favorite:

Sam Woodington in everything.

Jonah Hill in everything.

Will Ferral in almost everything.

Theres a lot more, but these are all off the top of my head.

I have an irrational, fishnets-style hatred for Jennifer Morrison, Kate Bosworth, and Michelle Monaghan. They might be the nicest, most down-to-earth people in the world.... but I can't stand 'em. :P

Everyone has fishnets-style hate for Bosworth. I don`t think there`s such a thing as a real Bosworth fan. So it isn`t irrational or the whole world would be irrational. Everyone has their own Shitto albeit with less catchy name. :lol:Actors who are very likable off screen but not very good on it:R Pattz, Jack Davenport, Kellan Lutz, Ashley GreeneOverall really awesome perosnality (he told RADA fucks that his fave writer is Stephen King, nuff said):Michael SheenThe King and Queen of Likable and Geekable and OMG Swooon Anything:Tom Hiddleston and Jennifer Lawrence