iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

How about the Dec 25th openers?

I'm hoping Les Miserables will break out and I think it will :) Django Unchained could do great as well given the Tarantino brand.As for the openers next week:This is 40 is an odd fit for the holidays, maybe they thought it would do It's Complicated numbers? But It's Complicated had charismatic senior stars and much as I like Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann they're not draws. But I like the screenplay so I hope it won't bomb hard ala How Do You Know.Jack Reacher feels like it will underwhelm. I'm not feeling the buzzMonsters Inc 3D will perform similarly (or slightly below) Finding Nemo 3D

People who dislike "bitchiness", "rooting for failure" (all nick-names for objective analysis of the stuation) should spend more time in the place of perpetual PJ woshipping bliss full of weed-smoking like this:

December 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm by newsfrombree -

Underscoring what seems to be a significant disconnect between fans and critics, early returns are in for our Ringers Reviews and ‘The Hobbit: AUJ’ is showing an average of 4.6/5 Rings with fans. The audiences seem to be just as excited based on this report from BoxOfficeMojo.com:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey drew large crowds on Friday and set a new December opening day record with an estimated 37.5 million from 4,045 locations.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/12/15/67291-boxofficemojo-com-the-hobbit-breaks-another-record-with-37-5-million-friday/

Conidering that Friday number isn`t considered exciting around here, those who are annoyed by lack of enthusiasm should balance that out by mingling with the high crowd at TORN. When you feel that objectivity and realism of BOF is too much for you and you need light head and some halucinogens.

I forgot about The Guilt Trip which is opening as well on Dec. 19, I think it will flop. Also, Parental Guidance which opens on Dec. 25 could be thecomedy that will appeal to the mainstream audience

Hey, Wormow, check this out. Someone from our forums is trying to explain to TORNlibans that TH boxoffice isn`t all that impressive when you count 3D/IMAX premium, inflation,etc. This person gave a very professional and polite explanation why numbers aren`t as hot as hype wants you to believe. He/she is now called names and insulted at every turn by those PJihadists. This is a type of situation many realistic boxoffice analysists around here got from rabid fanboys. Convinced now?http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?guest=59543687&do%3Dpost_view_flat%3Bsb%3Dpost_time%3Bso%3DDESC%3Bpost%3D541684=View+Flat+Mode

I forgot about The Guilt Trip which is opening as well on Dec. 19, I think it will flop. Also, Parental Guidance which opens on Dec. 25 could be thecomedy that will appeal to the mainstream audience

GT hasn`t been screened for critics yet or I assume it wasn`t for there are reviews for Les Mis and Django but not for GT. That`s self-explainatory.

Hey, Wormow, check this out. Someone from our forums is trying to explain to TORNlibans that TH boxoffice isn`t all that impressive when you count 3D/IMAX premium, inflation,etc. This person gave a very professional and polite explanation why numbers aren`t as hot as hype wants you to believe. He/she is now called names and insulted at every turn by those PJihadists. This is a type of situation many realistic boxoffice analysists around here got from rabid fanboys. Convinced now?http://newboards.the...=View Flat Mode

If the US box office was expressed in tickets sales instead of the dying green bill, we wouldn't have these problems and figures would speak for themselves.

If it wasn't for Seth Rogen starring, I'd say The Guilt Trip had decent chance at success. But the dude's poison and why not release this closer to, oh I don't know, Mother's Day?!

I guess they are banking on Barbra who was in Fockers. IMO, GT and PG are fighting for Fockers spot.

GT hasn`t been screened for critics yet or I assume it wasn`t for there are reviews for Les Mis and Django but not for GT. That`s self-explainatory.

Deadline caught an ad for GT telling the movie got a Golden Globe nod for Barbra! They took it down but too late ;)

If the US box office was expressed in tickets sales instead of the dying green bill, we wouldn't have these problems and figures would speak for themselves.

Very true.I`m glad that BOFer at TORN took his gloves off and called a TORN douche douche. Well done.

Deadline caught an ad for GT telling the movie got a Golden Globe nod for Barbra! They took it down but too late ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:I didn`t realize Barba got the ultimate star fuck GG like Depp in Tourist. Comedy is now the place for such awards.