iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn`t realize Barba got the ultimate star fuck GG like Depp in Tourist. Comedy is now the place for such awards.

Posted Image

Couldn't blame them to assume she would be a nominee since she is (or was?) a favorite

• Like 1

Hey, Wormow, check this out. Someone from our forums is trying to explain to TORNlibans that TH boxoffice isn`t all that impressive when you count 3D/IMAX premium, inflation,etc. This person gave a very professional and polite explanation why numbers aren`t as hot as hype wants you to believe. He/she is now called names and insulted at every turn by those PJihadists. This is a type of situation many realistic boxoffice analysists around here got from rabid fanboys. Convinced now?http://newboards.the...=View Flat Mode

*lol* That's me.They are not such a bad bunch, some of them can get a little defensive sometimes. And to be fair, they don't follow box office as much as we do.

So in other news, Silver Linings Playbook is projected to barely drop at all (projection is 2.0m, down a little from 2.17m last weekend), meaning the Weinsteins' attempt to strangle their own child in the crib by not increasing its theater count is continuing to get bungled.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

*lol* That's me.They are not such a bad bunch, some of them can get a little defensive sometimes. And to be fair, they don't follow box office as much as we do.

I`m glad you called that douche a douche. Gloom Junkie? Shareholder? Is that the best rebuttal he can make? LOL,no wonder you kicked his ass. They`ve no clue what they are talking about and their staff is even worse. The criteria for running that site isn`t professionalism and competence by the blindness of faith in Bin Jackson. One of those Pjihadists McCere Mr Cere whatever Cere something wrote the most embarrassing review in which he called PJ the only visionary in movie business. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So, yeah, nothing goes through those tick heads. Loved loved LOVED your rebuttal especially calling him out for being new to the forum at least in compariosn to your long membership. Tick headed douche. yes. Edited by fishnets

So in other news, Silver Linings Playbook is projected to barely drop at all (projection is 2.0m, down a little from 2.17m last weekend), meaning the Weinsteins' attempt to strangle their own child in the crib by not increasing its theater count is continuing to get bungled.

They are probably waiting after the Oscar nods are announced before they expand it. Jennifer Lawrence will host SNL on January so there's promo right there

Paramount is not doing a good job in marketing it either. Terrible year for them.

It's just been a shit year for them overall. Everything outside of Madagascar 3 and Flight underperformed. Edited by C00k13

Harvey doesn`t know what the fuck he`s doing (he also fucked up Django`s awards chances by not sending screeners to SAG on time because he ddin`t press on QT to make him fuckin mind and cut the movie on time) but I guess that quality of his movies is saving his ass now more than his bullish campaign tactics.
  • Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxofficeWith $84.7M, THE HOBBIT topped I AM LEGEND as the best December debut of all-time. #gohobbitsExpand Reply Retweet Favorite More

The criteria for running that site isn`t professionalism and competence by the blindness of faith in Bin Jackson.

Well, i disagree. There are people there that don't like PJ's interpretation of LOTR, they just happen to be a minority. And people that like PJ but don't agree with everything he's done. That they are more positive towards PJ's films is only natural, they started as a site covering the production, people that were fond of the films gravitated towards that site.And it is run pretty well. The forum software could have been better, though.

This was my tweet this morning to Guru....still haven't heard back from all the sheep I tweeted last night:Dan Grant ‏@baumer72@giteshpandya Im a little disappointed in u Gitesh. Youre a great analyst but every 1 of my forum buddies knew after Fri Hobbit wasDan Grant ‏@baumer72@giteshpandya doing less than 90. And u along with every other industry person kept saying 95-100. U had to know it would drop Sat. Strange from Peel, Ontario Reply Delete Favorite More3h

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxofficeWith $84.7M, THE HOBBIT topped I AM LEGEND as the best December debut of all-time. #gohobbitsExpand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Great. But honestly..Did´ent we expect more?

I was initially annoyed as well with the slow rollout of SLP but Weinstein knows the Oscar game very well and I think he just feels that once the Oscar nods are out, they could easily capitalize it for the marketing and booking JLaw for SNL just shows that he has a plan for the movie. It's not unlike Summit's awful handling of Perks of Being a Wallflower's release

No thats impossible. Itll open at least to 85.

Close enough....84.7...lol

I actually question whether people here really do understand the reality of the boxoffice. I mean, people are actually using words like "disaster" and "bomb" for a movie that is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, going to make a mint at the box office. Given that fact, how is it possibly a "disaster" or a "bomb"?

I find posts like this very myopic. Where were you 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago when people were saying this would open to 125-150 mill? Where were you 6-10 months ago when people said that if you predicted 300 mill that your box office skills were being called into question? Where were you 10 months ago when people said that this would easily hit 400 domestic and because films like MIB3 increased massively since the last one, this would more than likely do a billion overseas?

Where were you?

• Like 1

Great. But honestly..Did´ent we expect more?

I was expecting 80-85m.... and exactly 85m after Rth's numbers......Those who were predicting 95-100m on different websites were either getting paid by WB, or copying from others or they don't know BO worth shit.
  • Like 1

A pretty good opening for a December release. Though, if you look at attendance/adjusted numbers its good but not that good.December opening weekends adjusted1. Return of the King - $95.6m2. I Am Legend - $89.1m3. The Hobbit - $84.7m4. Two Towers - $84.7m5. Chronicals of Narnia - $81.2m6. Avatar - $80.3m7. Fellowship of the Ring - $66.2m8. Sherlock Holmes - $65.0m9. King Kong - $62.0m10. Meet the Fockers - $58.9m Edited by scottb

This was my tweet this morning to Guru....still haven't heard back from all the sheep I tweeted last night:Dan Grant ‏@baumer72@giteshpandya Im a little disappointed in u Gitesh. Youre a great analyst but every 1 of my forum buddies knew after Fri Hobbit wasDan Grant ‏@baumer72@giteshpandya doing less than 90. And u along with every other industry person kept saying 95-100. U had to know it would drop Sat. Strangefrom Peel, Ontario Reply Delete Favorite More3h

Yes.... I am disappointed in Gitesh and our very own site (hope it isn't you doing the projections Shawn ;) ). WTF happened there?

Strange that WB didn't even round it up to $85m for the sake of a nice estimate figure, but anyway. Decent number, not really bad but not great either. As for the total, I'll be glad if it at least passes FOTR and maybe takes a crack at AIW/TTT. Any result over $350m should be considered great after this.