iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

General public liked Phantom Menace.

Hell contrary to what the Internet says, public

likes the prequels.

I think what happened were that kids and family audience liked the Phantom Menace but older folks found it disappointing. When they grow up they will realize how disappointing it was. That is how it was for me and my friends lol

How so?If global marketing is around 100 million they'd need 800 million per movie to break even.

For the theater run, yes. When DVD and ancillaries are taken into account, 600M is the base that the movie would need at the box office to eventually make money.However, even if 800M was required to make profit, no problem, because this will do considerably more than 800M anyway. Edited by rb02

The surprising part about The Hobbit's disappointing box office run is the fact it had a dragon. There was NO WAY it should have failed with a dragon!

Cameo and flashback scenes don't count.

• Like 1

Only at the 3rd time I saw SM3 I realized I was seeing a turd and not an awesome movie. TPM was at the 15 minutes mark of the first time :P

I've never liked a film better the 2nd time than the first, but then turned around and not liked it after that. Movies don't yoyo for me on repeat viewings. They either get better or worse (or stay the same).