Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

I don't think it's that high for any of them.

Actually, it probably is right around 200m for each of them. If by marketing costs, you really mean theatrical distribution costs. Marketing alone probably isn't that much, but thats not the only cost. And I say it's probably right cause I know at least one of them spent that much.
  • Like 2

I don't know I feel that THE HOBBITS feel like a Summer movie with all the action, nasty goblins, and decapitation. Release it in May or June, it will do much better than the cold winter of Christmas/New Year when people prefer lighter fare.

Edited by zackzack

I schooled you, didn't i? ;)

Yes. Yes, you did. I should have looked a bit closer at the year IAL opened. The Friday before Xmas was muted for holdovers due to the sheer number of films that opened. I just plain screwed up. :lol:

I don't know I feel that THE HOBBITS feel like a Summer movie with all the action, nasty goblins, and decapitation. Release it in May or June, it will do much better than the cold winter of Christmas/New Year when people prefer lighter fare.

Dunno, it's also really long. Well get to see with part 3 how this franchise can perform on a Summer release date though.

Pretty great for TH1 aactually. 300m is back on track.

JR increased and the Saturday jumps for most films are higher than their 2007 counterparts. So Friday must be depressed for some reason.

Pretty sure it has got to do with end-of-the-world parties Edited by Jack Sparrow