Incarnadine

The Americans

Also, this show has more sex crammed into it than any basic cable show I've seen since Rescue Me. Granted, it has a much better justification, since it's about spies and sex is part of their jobs, but still. FX got the booties!

:rofl:

True.

My brother was watching the last two episodes with me last night - his first time watching the show - and we started laughing because every other scene I would have to explain something like "yeah, they're banging" "he's gay and they're blackmailing him" "those two are lovers" "he's banging a KGB agent and his wife is having an affair" "that's his cover-cover wife, who he's banging"

:lol:

• Like 1

Twist with Jared took me by surprise but that had to be one of the more cringeworthy death bed monologues I've seen.Anyway, enjoyed the episode and season, glad it's coming back :).I wonder what will happen with Nina.

Hopefully exactly what they said would happen. She goes to the Soviet Union, faces trial, and is executed. Like, we don't even see her again, maybe Arkady tells Oleg during a conversation that it happened. I think that the Nina subplot reached a natural conclusion. She spent too much time playing both sides and was the most unlikely still-alive character for the longest time (a role now occupied by Martha).

I was kinda hoping it would all blow up in a bigger way, with Stan finding out or something, but the scenario where all her efforts at redemption aren't enough and they still kill her works too.

Very good finale. The standoff with Larrick was excellently handled. That dying confession though...most awkwardly forced one since Miranda Tate in TDKR. In the moment of that scene, I felt the revelation was fairly anticlimatic, especially since we got that one scene where the FBI learned Jared went missing and that implied there'd be some FBI intervention of a sort. But then when Mags Bennett dropped in with the info bomb on 2nd Generation Illegals, it all became clear. Now the fault lines are being redrawn between Elizabeth and Phillip.

As for Nina and Stan, it was fairly obvious what the result would be since Stan delivering Echo would have put a huge dent in history. I kinda thought the most fitting ending for that plot would be for Nina to miserably live out a lie in Witness Protection, considered a traitor yet again by Arkady/Oleg/etc. But her being forced to return to the USSR to stand trial was a good enough exit from the show.

And Paige will never be a spy. She's far too pacifistic and idealistic to ever be able to do the gritty, violent, manipulative things that Elizabeth and Phil do.

• Like 1

started watching this finally episode 1 to 3 so far ....

their daughter is super nosy , russian girl is playing balls , sad about other couple it was like a reality check for our couple of how real the dangers of their mission are 

Excellent season, so much going on. This year every day seems to have at least 1 show I look forward to every day and Wednesday it's The Americans.

Mon- Better Call Saul

Tues- I Zombie

Wed- The Americans

Thurs- The Blacklist, Elementary

Fri- 12 Monkeys

Excellent season, so much going on. This year every day seems to have at least 1 show I look forward to every day and Wednesday it's The Americans.

Mon- Better Call Saul

Tues- I Zombie

Wed- The Americans

Thurs- The Blacklist, Elementary

Fri- 12 Monkeys

Man, The Americans and Saul stick out like sore thumbs on that list.

The Americans was named best drama of the year by the Critics Choice. I'm finally not alone saying that!

I'm not expecting a complete turnaround in the awards season, but it would be nice to see the show getting more nominations. This third season has got really good reviews.

One of the best episodes of the series yet last night. They're really ratcheting up the tension with the Jennings and Stan, and

they paid off Nina's story in a way I hadn't expected and was as good as anything I imagined. Far and away the biggest death the show has had to date, and it was handled so coldly and bluntly that I wasn't sure this wasn't another dream sequence. But it wasn't. Nina is dead. The ruthless, abrupt, no bullshit finality with which her death was handled stands in stark contrast with The Walking Dead's bullshit publicity stunt death earlier this week. It shows the difference between a show with bark and a show with teeth.