Incarnadine

The Americans

Binged Season 1 and the first few episodes of Season 2 over the weekend. Great show! It's like a hybrid of my two favorite Jolie movies :D

Have to say that although Keri Russell is decent, a better actress could do alot more with the role. I think she tries a little too hard to be 100% fembot when the character is written to have some extra layers. Hopefully she steps her game up. Matthew Rhys and the actress who plays Nina are both phenomenal.

Edited by aDIM

Last night's episode definitely made you feel even more bad for Phillip. Dude's gonna snap with his spy life. It has to happen eventually.

Ok now that I watched it, yeah definitely. Though I think the show was just a little too heavy handed about it this week. First the Mossad agent pestering him about living a lie, then the hostage wailing and calling him evil, etc. I think we got it the first time. In other news, Oleg is an annoying little weasel! But if anything provides a catalyst for Beeman to turn, I guess this could be it. Either way Stan is a dead man walking. If the Russians don't end up running (or killing) him, then the Americans will eventually figure out he's neighbors/lovers/best friends with all kinds of KGB agents he's supposed to be hunting.