Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

Actuals may start...soon, real soon (like Monday or Sunday or Tuesday). Most of you guys have already finished/started your lists, and I'll be doing mine too.

Might give people a tad longer to do predictions.

Uh, I'm doing holdovers from last year for January, and it's hard to get numbers that remotely match the totals for some of these films. It's ridiculous.

I'd recommend just doing the holdovers in what would make the most logical sense. Don't take last year's final totals into account too heavily. 

Thank you! Very excited to read it. I shall read it some point in the following two weeks. I'd like to finish reading this year before I start on next year. ;)

Take your time. Just wanted to get it out of the way so I don't have to think about it and focus on writing everything else.

This nice lull in the game waiting for actuals and reviews to finish is giving me time to start Year 7 work. Blank already has Blank and I'm going back to tinkering with Chrono Heist for ric.

Other film I'm working on to get completed soon is The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar. I had the old version but that was a short plot that really compressed historical events and character development into brief sections, so I am expanding the details to better reflect what actually goes on. The film takes place across 7 years (December 49 BCE to December 42 BCE) and I expect it to be my longest film to date (in running time, not in word count, though even if it is in word count too it won't be as long as Avarice :P). A lot of stuff happens that needs to get covered.

Very excited for Julius Caesar. I loved Alesia.

And since it's all based on historical events I don't have to worry about spoilers! :DNice to be able to discuss what will go on in a film without dampening the anticipation for it. As one can tell from the date range I gave, the film will go on past the time of Caesar's murder (March 44 BCE). Using a 3-hour estimate (though I think the film will run a bit longer than that), Caesar's murder would happen at about the 2-hour mark.The film will be very historically accurate, though I will be tinkering with the timing/location of a few characters and events for a more fluid, dramatic story.

I finished the first (rough) draft of Harald's Dream and in this rhythm, Heavy Rain will end up longer than Avarice... I barely got to 1/3 done, and it's at 5.5k words already...

Edited by ChD

I finished the first (rough) draft of Harald's Dream and in this rhythm, Heavy Rain will end up longer than Avarice... I barely got to 1/3 done, and it's at 5.5k words already...

I can help you edit if you want.

I can help you edit if you want.

Sure, I appreciate the help. I plan on finishing the first draft today (that meaning tonight in US time (that means the writing is pretty bad and non detailed.). Going to rewrite it tomorrow morning (which would mean 10PM or so US time), and then I'll send it to you if you want.

Sure, I appreciate the help. I plan on finishing the first draft today (that meaning tonight in US time (that means the writing is pretty bad and non detailed.). Going to rewrite it tomorrow morning (which would mean 10PM or so US time), and then I'll send it to you if you want.

Sure. What's Harald's Dream about?