Ratatouille

58 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ratatouille

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just watch this on DVD in a Pixar marathon. One of Pixar's best works, only behind The Incredibles and ties with Up/TS3/FN for me.

I gotta say, Pixar, compare to other animation studios currently, rarely do talking animals. But when they do, they get it best.

A

• Like 2

I can't see how this has been appreciated more than HTTYD was. I simply don't understand the love for it. It seemed like an average animated movie for me, nowhere close to the quality of How To Train Your Dragon was. Nonetheless, it's a good movie.

A-

• Like 1

if i were to compare HTTYD and rataouille i'd say it's the difference between clever and intelligent dragon has plenty of 'whip-smart' jokes (i see critics love that term) and a good heart, but a lot of that is from the awe and wonder and spectacle of it all, whereas ratatouille is a lot closer to its subject and feels more complex and even more genuine emotionally...i think they both manage to pull off what they attempted very well dragon's score goes a long way in making it feel special, this scene is by far the best in the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJ96LGGP6w

After many rewatchings, Ratatouille is only behind The Incredibles in my Top Pixar list. It's on par with Toy Story 3.I'd love it if Pixar does more movies with talking animals ala Finding Nemo and Ratatouille. I guess The Good Dinosaur will be it, very much looking forward to that one.And for the sake of ongoing discussion, for me, Ratatouille is definitely better than HTTYD. I would rate them:HTTYD: 9/10Ratatouille: 9.5/10

Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

Ratatouille had extraordinary legs, one of the best OS grosses for a Pixar movie and sold way more tickets than Dragon

HTTYD had better legs than Ratatouille DOM... Ratatouille was such a hit overseas because it was set in France, a country that assured over 65M of it's gross. That's pretty huge, back in 2007. The fact that it was a Pixar movie also helped marketing a lot. Dragon came from a movie that mostly produced hit and miss animations.

Ratatouille had extraordinary legs, one of the best OS grosses for a Pixar movie and sold way more tickets than Dragon

It doesn't compete with Pixars earlier efforts. Yeah you could say its a good movie, but its certainly not a fun movie like FN, MI or TI were. Pixar are more interested in making Acadamy Award winners now rather than their good old fationed family movies filled with humour and its getting a little boring now. Same goes with Up and Wall E.

HTTYD had better legs than Ratatouille DOM... Ratatouille was such a hit overseas because it was set in France, a country that assured over 65M of it's gross. That's pretty huge, back in 2007. The fact that it was a Pixar movie also helped marketing a lot. Dragon came from a movie that mostly produced hit and miss animations.

Domestic: sold -32% less tickets than Ratatouille, and yeah the legs were better, but just a little.

Overseas: Ratatouille even without France made 100m more than HTTYD and did not have 3D and expanded markets

also, people don't care if it's Pixar or not, they care if the movie looks good and that's why Ratouille opened so low for Pixar standards