Ratatouille

58 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ratatouille

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's great for about an hour or so, but every time I watch this I can't help but be seriously disappointed by the cliched plot turns later on; The one notable female character becomes Linguini's love interest, Remy gets jealous, they have a falling out and reconcile... It might not bother me as much if I found either Linguini or Remy to be particularly interesting characters, but I didn't. Remy as far as I'm concerned is the least likable of any Pixar protagonist, and Linguini seems to exist for little reason other than to be his human puppet. I know he acknowledges that in the film, but even at the end he still hasn't been shown to learn much on his own.

The finale with Ego's review is great, of course, but I still have to consider this on the low end of my list of Pixar films.

B

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I love, love, love it right up until Remy actually gets to Paris. i can't explain why but after that the film leaves me cold right up until Ego eats the Ratatouille and writes the review. Probably because I didn't care much for the human characters aside from Ego and the villain... whatshisface.

Not one of my favorite Pixar movies, mainly because I just kinda hate the main human characters. I just didn't give a rats ass (*badumtshhh*) about them, and I wished they had focused more on Remy and his rat buddies instead. I think Linguini is a pretty bad main character, and the romance felt forced to say the least. Also the evil chef never went beyond a sneering midget. These three characters almost ruined the movie for me. The last 30 minutes are absolutely brilliant, but the 90 minutes before that felt underwhelming. 

There's plenty of good stuff here, like the gorgeous animation, Michael Giacchino's stellar score (which was robbed an Oscar) and the character of Anton Ego, who I'd say is among Pixar's greatest creations, so the rating evens out to a

3/5

probably the best pixar movie next to the incredibles, this was just bursting with character. and the design of animation seemed a little quirkier to me than the beautiful but generic design pixar normally does.

8/10

• Like 1