Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Adam Sandler's Click was panned but still got a nod for Make Up. Norbit as well. So for some tech categories overall quality of the movie does not matter as long as the specific craft is good enough

I see.Well all I can say is that I both categorically agree and disagree with that stance.

My guesses/predictions:Picture: SLPDirector: SpielbergActor: CooperActress: LawrenceS Actor: (really have no idea) DeNiroS Actress: HathawayAdapted: SLPOriginal: ZDT Editing: ZDT

Denzel Washington is the only actor with 5+ Oscar nominated performances and not have a single one of them be in a Best Picture nominated film. I'm sad that I know this kind of stuff.

Malcom X was nominated if I'm not mistaken.I stand corrected.....it was not. Edited by baumer

Denzel Washington is the only actor with 5+ Oscar nominated performances and not have a single one of them be in a Best Picture nominated film. I'm sad that I know this kind of stuff.

It sometimes feels at times that Denzil Washington could just walk on screen and fart constantly for 90minutes before standing up and walking off screen and would still get the nomination because he is Denzil Washington,

(A bit like Tom Hanks years back when it got to a point he was being nominated for essentially growing a beard and talking to a volleyball)

[i haven't seen flight btw so that isn't a comment on his actual performance.]

• Like 1

It sometimes feels at times that Denzil Washington could just walk on screen and fart constantly for 90minutes before standing up and walking off screen and would still get the nomination because he is Denzil Washington,

[i haven't seen flight btw so that isn't a comment on his actual performance.]

This is weird to say considering you haven't seen the performance and it's been 11 years since his last nomination. Edited by RichWS

The eight nominations for Silver Linings Playbook is the best Oscar thing to happen to mei and Hollywood Elsewhere since Roman Polanski won the Best Director Oscar for The Pianist.

I agree with this entire sentence....The Pianist should have won over freakin Chicago too.

• Like 2

This is weird to say considering you haven't seen the performance and it's been 11 years since his last nomination.

I mean that it sometimes feels like Denzil is one of the academy's go-to actor when there is an open spot left for best actor. Everybody knows he is a good actor so eyebrows won't get raised like they potentially would if say Ben Affleck, Daniel Craig or the old French guy had got a left field Nomination.Also it really doesn't feel like Training day was over ten years ago.
  • Like 1