Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I liked it. Not as much as ParaNorman but I want Tim Burton to win an Oscar so I'll be rooting for it.

I really hope it wins, too. I definitely liked it better than Paranorman and Hotel TransylvaniaBTW whos the black guy in your picture? Edited by Jack Nevada

Naomi Watts, Best Actress, The Impossible

“I am so thrilled and humbled with this morning’s wonderful news. The journey of telling Maria Belon’s miraculous story of survival has been an incredible experience and I am so grateful for this acknowledgement of our film. I am truly honored."

Ang Lee, Best Director, Life of Pi

“I am deeply honored and frankly a little overwhelmed by all of the nominations that

Life of Pi

has received this morning. So many talented people gave everything they had to this film, both in front of and behind the camera, and to see all of them receive this kind of recognition is something I am incredibly grateful for.”

Tim Burton, producer/director of Best Animated Feature nominee, Frankenweenie

"

Frankenweenie

is a very personal film for me. The idea of telling a feature length version was in the back of my mind for many years. Stop Motion was the perfect medium for this project, and one I've always loved for its expressiveness and dimensionality. I've worked with so many incredible artists: animators, cast members, set builders, and puppet makers, all who have helped bring this film to life one frame at a time. I'm so honored that the Academy has recognized this film as one of its nominees."

Mark Rich, director of Best Animated Feature nominee, Wreck-It Ralph

"To have the

Wreck-It Ralph

team's passion and years of hard work acknowledged by the Academy is an honor like no other. We are so proud, so grateful - I can't wait to congratulate everyone in-person."

Peter Lord, producer and co-director of Best Animated Feature nominee, The Pirates! Band of Misfits

"This is amazing! We tried to do something a little different with

The Pirates!

, in terms of tone and comedy, and it’s just brilliant that the Academy has responded to it in such a wonderful way."

Mark Andrews, director of Best Animated Feature nominee, Brave

"We are incredibly honored by today's Academy Award nomination.

Brave

has been an adventure from the beginning - starting with our research trips to Scotland, the crew embarked upon a journey that inspired us all and forever changed our fates. Thanks to the Academy from all of us here at Pixar."

John Kahrs, director of Best Animated Short nominee, Paperman

"It's beyond an honor to have

Paperman

nominated for an Oscar. I can't thank everyone on the team enough for their passion and hard work in making this dream project a reality."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/oscar_nominee_reactions/47891662

At this moment:Best Picture:SLPBest Director:SpielbergBest Actor:Daniel Day LewisBest Actress:Jennifer LawrenceBest Actor in Supporting Role:Tommy Lee JonesBest Actress in Supporting Role:Anne HathawayBest Original Screenplay:AmourBest Adapted Screenplay:SLPBest Editing:Zero Dark ThirtyBest Cinematography:Life of PiBest Soundtrack:Argo

Edited by efialtes76

More thoughts:My original BSA and BD winner predictions weren't even nominated. Disappointed but not surprised by no Skyfall BP nom. Don't get how Weaver got in over Dench. Director snub killed Argo and ZDT's BP chances. Les Mis is hurt a bit but not out of the running since most people thought the direction was mediocre anyway. Lincoln is now the frontrunner. Silver Linings Playbook is really helped. The race is now Lincoln in first, followed by SLP, and Les Mis.

Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook, best actress:

"I thought I would wake up, but I didn't. My parents spent the night at my house, and they came in and kissed me on the forehead and told me about all the nominations for Silver Linings," Jennifer Lawrence tells THR.

"I went into this because of David [O. Russell]. I've seen everything he's ever done. And I was so blow away by Bradley [Cooper] and the rest of the cast."

This marks Lawrence's second best actress nomination; she received her first two years ago for Winter's Bone, an indie drama that marked her breakout role.

"I plan on enjoying myself this time. Last time, I was just so nervous. I was 20 and new the industry," she says. "I don't want to make the same mistake this time."

Nice to see a foreign film get a Best Picture nominee.....and yet, you can already predict exactly what's going to happen come Oscar night.Expect Lincoln to run away with majority of nominations, including Best Picture. I predict the Academy will be on a 3-year Oscar Bait winning streak after this year.