Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Well, this is Harvey. I still remember Chocolat and The Reader. And remember, this is a crowd pleaser above all. Remember ELAIC? I think it is in. 

The way you worded that made it sound like Loud and Close was a crowd pleaser.

And I'm going to do an update on my predictions sometime this week before TIFF 2013, hopefully. I need to get fully caught up on what's happened festival wise because I've spent the past 4 days in Whistler mountain biking with le boyfriend. Need to get caught up on ADF, and friends that are in Venice and Telluride. 

I don't really care about the fact that The Dark Knight wasn't nominated. Wasn't one of my favorites of the year, and yes, The Reader is a terrible film.

Grown Ups 2 is a terrible, horrible film. Not The Reader.

Anyway, what was HORRIBLE about it? The main criticism was that it failed to deliver an emotional response for some viewers, nobody complained that it was horribly made, acted or written.

Edited by pieman

The Reader is exactly the kind of movie Kate Winslet parodied on Extras.

It sounds like so many movies are delivering, BP is shaping up to be another bloodbath category. Though usually what happens is that support coalesces around one project and the outcome is completely predictable by the time the Oscars roll around.