ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

If anyone can find the time to see Amour, if it is playing near you, or if you can find it on line, do so. You will witness one of the most brilliant performances ever and you will see a tough film to watch but a very very good one.

I've been wanting to see it for weeks now but it's still nowhere near me. :( Disadvantage of living in a state like CO, we always have to wait a long time for the indies.

Really interesting that a film that hasn't been seen by anyone except Riczhang, was seen by three of us today.....me Jack Nevada and Coolio all saw Amour today.

I've been wanting to see it for weeks now but it's still nowhere near me. :( Disadvantage of living in a state like CO, we always have to wait a long time for the indies.

It's playing in two theaters in Toronto (I'm about 20 minutes away) and I had to go downtown today to find it.

Really interesting that a film that hasn't been seen by anyone except Riczhang, was seen by three of us today.....me Jack Nevada and Coolio all saw Amour today.

That's what you call an "oscar boost" probably wouldn't have watched it if it hadn't gotten all those nominations. lol.
  • Like 1

Patience. I finally get to see it again (discounting the one time I saw it online) next week when it finally opens in Vancouver.

That's what you call an "oscar boost" probably wouldn't have watched it if it hadn't gotten all those nominations. lol.

True. I think it has an outside shot at $5 million DOM BO. If SPC doesn't bring it semi-wide at least I'll be really pissed.
  • Like 1

Should've know. It's amor in Spanish.

There's a teen movie from the 80's called The Last American Virgin. In it, a Spanish horny wife of a sailor named Paco, tries to seduce the three main characters, with papaya and pizza. Her darling sailor boy Paco comes home and when he sees her, he calls her "Mi Amour". She also toasts the boys, "Amour"..."To love." And that's why I knew what Amour means. :)
  • Like 1