riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

Well if they give an award to poehler or louis ck i will be happy

CK by far the least famous so he's prob 5th most likely to win this time. At least people like the Globes and SAG are finally giving him a little recognition. Though I'd bet HFPA don't even watch Louie and just gave him a nod because of all the emmys he was nominated for last year. :lol:

Best Picture Drama

lincoln

Best Picture Comedy/Musical

les miserables

Best Actor Drama

Daniel Day Lewis

Best Actor Comedy/Musical

hugh jackman

Best Actress Drama

Jessica Chastain

Best Actress Comedy/Musical

Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor

PSH VS christoph waltz

Best Supporting Actress

Anne Hathaway

Best Director

Ben Affleck

Best Screenplay

silver linings playbook

Best Song

Skyfall

Best Score

life of pi

Best Animated

frankenweenie

Best Foreign Language Film

Amour

Edited by drgenius90

I’m going to start with red wine. I’m going to have one glass just to cool my nerves. And then I’m going to get to the after-party and it’s going to be shots, shots, shots, shots, shots! No, I’m kidding. I’m probably going to stick to wine and beer.

I have just become addicted to downton abbey

Fantastic show. But everybody is leaving it. They're killing off too many folks for a period romance drama. I like "The Hour" too. Wish Ben W. would have gotten a nomination for it.

These 'awards' are little more than shameless Oscar predictors, so they'll 99% award Lincoln and Les Mis. Of course, if this were next week, SLP would win Best Comedy/Musical.

I am not even sure there is a voting system for the globes.Do you know that there are only 80 ?It is a very small club ... Edited by The Futurist

These 'awards' are little more than shameless Oscar predictors, so they'll 99% award Lincoln and Les Mis. Of course, if this were next week, SLP would win Best Comedy/Musical.

Pretty much.

I am not even sure there is a voting system for the globes.Do you know that there are only 80 ?It is a very small club ...

They all vote online I'm fairly sure. But, it's ranked ballots last time I checked. There's only about 90 of them though. (And it's also why you get ties more often here, especially back when the group was even smaller)

I don't think they're as bad as Critics Choice. I only just caught up with their show today. It was atrocious. :o

Fantastic show. But everybody is leaving it. They're killing off too many folks for a period romance drama. I like "The Hour" too. Wish Ben W. would have gotten a nomination for it.

The Hour is better than Downton for sure. I love the show but did you see the most recent Christmas episode? I kinda hated it ... Edited by CoolioD1