riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

This thread was so much fun, and we managed to squeeze 70 pages out of it! Last year's Golden Globe thread was only 21 pages long and even the Oscars thread was 45 pages. Lets hit 100 for this year's Oscars!

With the way the Oscars are looking we could possibly hit 200 pages. There will be many meltdowns, upsets, surprises, and we'll all have a bloody good night of disappointments and victories. I can't wait to just sit-back, stir the pot, cry a bit when Amour wins big, and enjoy the work.

ric's hate for Keira Knightley approaches Otto levels.

We all need our shittos. Knightmare and Fincher are mine. Fincher not so much because I like or love his earlier work. I just hate TSN, Button, Tattoo with Mara Mara Trophy Snatcher, and Zodiac.

Yeah, I've gotten through 3 episodes. And Ben Wishaw just :wub:

Season 2 is gonna hurt your feelings. I watched the finale and after it finished I could not move. Wishaw makes that show and that's saying a lot. Everybody else is really good. I adore Romola Garai in everything but Freddie is just awesome.

Has KK ever played a modern character? I liked her in The Duchess, haven't seen much else of her work bar Pirates which is also period character.

Yes. But I don't like any of those films. She had the lead in Domino and another movie with Adrien Brody that I watched. Bend it Like Beckham was modern. She'll be in Jack Ryan as the wife.

SPC We know you can do it. Get it for Riva, and for Haneke. Get it Girl, you deserve it. You deserved it for Hiroshima, Adua, and you deserve it again. Get it. And, the circumstances are just perfect, it's her birthday and Dujardin will present. SPC's got to push that angle as well. Lawrence can win again in the future, Riva cannot.