riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

Tom Hooper backlash is in full swing everywhere. He's an odd director- TERRIFIC with actors, but so poor with what he wants his camera angles to say. But Les Mis is also a huge hit so it's clearly not reflective of how the masses like his movies.

I agree with you but he did an admirable job in TKS imo.

I've seen some Kings Speech backlash on other parts of the web, it does have a helluva lot of fans though so I can't complain.... Btw, the like/dislike ratio of Tom Hooper's Oscar win video on YouTube is much worse than it is for most Oscar videos.

Did you see Michael J Fox's son who was the on stage walker. He is a splitting image of his father. But lol at him being a philanthropist. Which means he does nothing but being in charge of his father's money. Not that it is a bad job or I would not mind having it, but come one get your own life. Ps. Michael J Fox's wife Traci Pollan, who played his girlfriend for a short time.....is still looking good. Probably at her high 40???

• Like 2

Tom Hooper backlash is in full swing everywhere. He's an odd director- TERRIFIC with actors, but so poor with what he wants his camera angles to say. But Les Mis is also a huge hit so it's clearly not reflective of how the masses like his movies.

He's a superb actor's director. His work in television with Mirren, and John Adams had some of the best acting ever in that medium.
  • Like 1

Tracey Pollan is in her 50's.

Your correct. 52 as born in 1960. I was thinking it was on in the 1986 range but it was earlier. And I was thinking he met her in high school. But it was college. On the show, family Ties.

People magazine's actually trying to make some sort of a controversy out of Lawrence's "I beat Meryl" comment. I found it a bit tasteless, and I didn't like it much because I think Streep's the greatest thing since the invention of Motion Picture, but I can see why it's funny. This is just honestly taking it too far.

People magazine's actually trying to make some sort of a controversy out of Lawrence's "I beat Meryl" comment. I found it a bit tasteless, and I didn't like it much because I think Streep's the greatest thing since the invention of Motion Picture, but I can see why it's funny. This is just honestly taking it too far.

Didn't see it. Assume it was a joke/act. But whatever as I assume 99.99 % she was joking or it was staged. Ps. The hosts don't apologize after every joke???? Do they????? Edited by Movie Man

Especially because she was referencing this and not insulting Meryl Streep at all:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116313/
  • Like 3

That stir-up shows people are really stupid and humorless as reasserting Lawrence is one bloody witty and funny individual (Who does even remember that Bette Midler's movie and could quote it offhand?). The timing was almost too perfect. (Ferrell/Wiig "Meriel" joke followed by Lawrence spot on quotation, she maybe rehearsed it but it came off as genuine).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

lol Iranian version of Argo would be funny...Hmm They escaped and we gave away the hostage but we still won....

Wonder how the interrgation scene, would go in the airport go...maybe the only reason they got out was because Ben Affleck was really Daredevil, and he fought his way out....or they stole a plane at the airport.LOL!

And Go.Winners:Best Picture: ArgoBest Director: Ben Affleck, ArgoBest Actress: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty!Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, LincolnBest Picture, Musical/Comedy: Les MiserablesBest Foreign Language Film: Amour, Michael Haneke!Best Actress Comedy: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbookbest Actor Musical: Hugh Jackman, Les MiserablesBest Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les MiserablesBest Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django UnchainedBest Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django UnchainedBest Original Score: Mychael Danna, Life of PiBest Song: Adele, SkyfallBest Animated Feature: BraveBest TV Comedy: GirlsBest TV Drama: HomelandBest Actress TV Drama: Claire Danes, HomelandBest Actor TV Drama: Damian Lewis, HomelandBest Actress TV Comedy: Lena Dunham, GirlsBest Actor TV Comedy: Don Cheadle, House of LiesBest Actor: Miniseries: Kevin Costner, Hatfields & McCoysBest Actress Miniseries: Julianne Moore, Game ChangeBest Supporting Actress Miniseries: Maggie Smith, Downton AbbeySupporting Actor Miniseries: Ed Harris, Game ChangeBest Miniseries: Game Change

BUMP - SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO - COMMENT ON THE WINS ABOVE - DESERVING OR UNDESERVING - ONLY FOR THE ONES THAT YOU WANT TO DO!

She was quoting Bette Midler but as soon as she said it, I knew it would be controversial. But really it was from the movie.