MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

OUCH!! 6th place for Schwarzenegger

FRIDAY 1 PM: I can spend the next four days making fun of Arnold Schwarzenegger flopping in 6th place The Last Stand. The actioner featuring The Guvernator’s first solo comeback movie is just one of the major newcomers opening today for the long Martin Luther King holiday weekend (which Arizona doesn’t recognize). According to my sources knowledgeable about matinee trends, Universal’s horror flick Mama (2,647 theaters) will debut #1 today and through Monday with about $28M. In #2 is last weekend’s topper Annapurna Pictures/Sony Pictures’ Zero Dark Thirty (2,946 theaters after 5 weeks) with the Best Picture Oscar nominee looking like $4.5M today and $20M for the four-day holiday. In #3 is New Regency’s Broken City (2,620 theaters) starring Mark Wahlberg, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Russell Crowe (thankfully, not singing) and distributed by Fox. It, too, should do $4.5M today and finish its opening with an underwhelming $16.5M for the four days. That kind of star power should be generating at least $25M for the long weekend. as #5, The Weinstein Company’s Best Picture Oscar nominee Silver Linings Playbook (2,523 theaters after 10 weeks) finally expands for $4.3M today and $13.5M for the four-day holiday. Warner Bros’ disappointing holdover Gangster Squad (3,103 theaters) isn”t going to get much richer with measly box office of $2.7M today and $11.4M for MLK. Finally, Lionsgate’s The Last Stand (2,913 theaters) should demand its money back from Arnie who clearly can’t open a movie anymore making only $3M today and $11.4M for the long weekend. I don’t think that even pays for Schwarzenegger’s cigar bill. More later as I refine the numbers.

LOL she's only doing it so she can do a hatchet job on Arnold, lol.

Definitely. She has her favorites and regardless of how they perform, she will write glowing reports for them while people on her bad side will get scathing reports. Remember TA, "not a record" snide remark by her. Edited by druv10

Definitely. She has her favorites and regardless of how they perform, she will write glowing reports for them while people her bad side will get scathing reports. Remember TA, "not a record" snide remark by her.

LOL How can I forget. Thank God she did that because a legend was born that night.