BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

9 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

According to this, Rocketman debuts with 460K. My prediction was way off based on pre-sales but I think the most important reason here is La Fiesta del Cine coming tomorrow to justify the underperfomance a bit.

Very Good Start ... 

• Like 2

Edited by jj99
  • Like 3

Saw Aladdin today for the second time and the show was completely sold out (fiesta del cine effect) and people laughed a lot and clapped at the end. The film is so big here and it will continue to show strong legs in the upcoming weeks. A truly magical film

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Saw Aladdin today for the second time and the show was completely sold out (fiesta del cine effect) and people laughed a lot and clapped at the end. The film is so big here and it will continue to show strong legs in the upcoming weeks. A truly magical film

Hmm .. Spain is One Of The biggest Live Animated Action Films Market .. What is the Scope Of Toy Story 4 in Spain ..?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Hmm .. Spain is One Of The biggest Live Animated Action Films Market .. What is the Scope Of Toy Story 4 in Spain ..?? 

Toy Story 3 did €25.67M in 2012 so a €20-25M is a probable end for the film. Pre-sales haven't even started so we don't know a lot more.

Edited by ScareLol

1 minute ago, ScareLol said:

Toy Story 3 did €25.67M in 2012 so a €20-25M is a probable end for the film. Pre-sales haven't even started so we don't know a lot more.

Toy Story 3 Did €25.6 M in 2012 ... That Too 7 Years Before ... So We Should Expect Atleast 30% More then Previous Film ... Market Has Been Expand & Ticket Price As Well ..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Toy Story 3 Did €25.6 M in 2012 ... That Too 7 Years Before ... So We Should Expect Atleast 30% More then Previous Film ... Market Has Been Expand & Ticket Price As Well ..

I don't think that's possible. A 30% more will mean that Toy Story 4 would gross 33.3M and the film would be the 6th highest grossing film in Spain history (surpassing The Force Awakens and LOTR 3). Endgame did 28M and that's a possible if not unreachable target. You have to consider that Toy Story 3 was sold as the last chapter in years and the competition will be harsh with Spider-Man and the Lion King

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScareLol said:

I don't think that's possible. A 30% more will mean that Toy Story 4 would gross 33.3M and the film would be the 6th highest grossing film in Spain history (surpassing The Force Awakens and LOTR 3). Endgame did 28M and that's a possible if not unreachable target. You have to consider that Toy Story 3 was sold as the last chapter in years and the competition will be harsh with Spider-Man and the Lion King

Yeah Main Issue Is Competition .... Will See ... But it Will Be Interesting To Track Toy Story 4 Numbers in All Markets ..  :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScareLol said:

Just curiousity: where did you get that amount for TS4? I have it at €24.99m (Ministry of Culture). And it was released at 2010, not in 2012 ;)

Said this, I agree with that 20-25 million initial range.

10 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

No, Spain has not expanded. In fact, it has dropped as a market since 2010, when Toy Story 3 was released (not 2012).

Market

2010: €662.3m

2018: €585.7m (still provisional data, but it will not go over €600m)

Average ticket price

2010: €6.52

2018: €5.99

And let's remember that TS3 was extremely benefited by 3D explosion after Avatar:

Cume: €24,985,359

Admissions: 3,624,912

Avg: €6.89

Last Pixar film (Incredibles 2) did:

Cume: €21,147,043

Admissions: 3,722,564

Avg: €5.68

• Like 2

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Just curiousity: where did you get that amount for TS4? I have it at €24.99m (Ministry of Culture). And it was released at 2010, not in 2012 ;)

Said this, I agree with that 20-25 million initial range.

You are right on both of these things. It was 2010 (i dont know why I was thinking) and I used BoxOfficeMojo but I found they simply converted the dollars to euros and the page doesn't give the right numbers.

2 hours ago, peludo said:

No, Spain has not expanded. In fact, it has dropped as a market since 2010, when Toy Story 3 was released (not 2012).

Market

2010: €662.3m

2018: €585.7m (still provisional data, but it will not go over €600m)

Average ticket price

2010: €6.52

2018: €5.99

And let's remember that TS3 was extremely benefited by 3D explosion after Avatar:

Cume: €24,985,359

Admissions: 3,624,912

Avg: €6.89

Last Pixar film (Incredibles 2) did:

Cume: €21,147,043

Admissions: 3,722,564

Avg: €5.68

Hmmmm Thnxx For the Clarification ... Atleast Toy Story 4 Target Should Be Minimum Toy Story 3 Life time Numbers in Spain ..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Hmmmm Thnxx For the Clarification ... Atleast Toy Story 4 Target Should Be Minimum Toy Story 3 Life time Numbers in Spain ..

€25m as minimum? I said that TS3 was hugely inflated by 3D. If TS4 sells the same number of admissions today than TS3 would imply about €20.5m, not €25m.

Pixar is widely beloved in Spain. Nearly every Pixar film has made great numbers. But not every sequel has increased. Nemo was adored here (it is the biggest Pixar film in terms of admissions). It did €23.8m. But Dory dropped to €17.7m.

Being reasonable and objective, I would say the minimum we can expect for TS4 is 16-18 million euros (let's remember the competition with The Lion King or Pets 2). I insist, MINIMUM. Said this, the logical final range is what @ScareLol says, 20-25 million, probably low 20s.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, peludo said:

€25m as minimum? I said that TS3 was hugely inflated by 3D. If TS4 sells the same number of admissions today than TS3 would imply about €20.5m, not €25m.

Pixar is widely beloved in Spain. Nearly every Pixar film has made great numbers. But not every sequel has increased. Nemo was adored here (it is the biggest Pixar film in terms of admissions). It did €23.8m. But Dory dropped to €17.7m.

Being reasonable and objective, I would say the minimum we can expect for TS4 is 16-18 million euros (let's remember the competition with The Lion King or Pets 2). I insist, MINIMUM. Said this, the logical final range is what @ScareLol says, 20-25 million, probably low 20s.

Got It Now ..You Cleared All the Points.. thnxx Once Again ...  :) 

• Like 2