BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

WEEKEND IN €

1 THE HUNGER GAMES           2,900,000     2,900,000  NEW2 INTOUCHABLE                  690,000    12,000,000  53 BATTLESHIP                   670,000     3,100,000  24 SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN  470,000       470,000  NEW5 LORAX                        400,000     6,300,000  46 TITANIC 3D                   330,000     3,200,000  37 SOUL SURFER                  240,000       240,000  NEW8 GRUPO 7                      205,000     1,900,000  39 MANGOLD HOTEL                200,000     2,700,000  50 THE VOW                      185,000     5,000,000  5
THIS WEEKTHE AVENGERSMARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENETHE WISH FISHTHE PELAYOS (SPAIN)THE AWAKENING (UK)LES NEIGES DU KILIMANJARO (FRANCE)CHRZEST (POLAND)...

Weekend(actuals):1.The Hunger Games:€2.98M2.Intouchables:€0.711M/€12.2M3.Battleship:€0.685M/€3.16M4.SFITY:€0.497M5.Lorax:€0.41M/€6.35M6.Titanic 3D:€0.344M/€3.2M7.Soul Surfer:€0.249M8.Marigold Hotel:€0.220M/€2.66M9.Grupo 7:€0.211M/€1.87M10.The Vow;€0.187M/€4.67M

Boxoffice.es is predicting a smaller OW for The Avengers than the one Thor had 1 year ago. WTF is wrong with them? Thor was the biggest avenger in Spain, but still, that is just ridiculous! I see €4.1M OW and €10.5M total in Spain.

In the other thread we hd a discussion about Spain's economical problems. Rising unemployment may affect cinema admissions for a short term but cinema attendance has to be seen in an overall context.From 1988 to 2001 cinema admiissions were rising no matter what the economy did. Since then they are falling, although Spain had some good years at the begining of the millenium.

cinema admissions and unemploymentrate in Spain

Posted Image

From 1988 to 1995 rising unemployment coincided with rising admissions in the same way as declining admissions coincided with falling unemployment from 2000 to 2007. At the moment the rising uenemploymenrate agravates the problems of the cinema. Let us hope the trend will reverse soon.

Edited by Rudolf

In the other thread we hd a discussion about Spain's economical problems. Rising unemployment may affect cinema admissions for a short term but cinema attendance has to be seen in an overall context.From 1988 to 2001 cinema admiissions were rising no matter what the economy did. Since then they are falling, although Spain had some good years at the begining of the millenium.

cinema admissions and unemploymentrate in Spain

Posted Image

From 1988 to 1995 rising unemployment coincided with rising admissions in the same way as declining admissions coincided with falling unemployment from 2000 to 2007. At the moment the rising uenemploymenrate agravates the problems of the cinema. Let us hope the trend will reverse soon.

Maybe I was wrong when I explained the economical reasons of people to don't go to the movies in that forum. I've seen that Spanish prices are not as high as many others. I would introduce other factor. Piracy is a enormous problem here too. The feeling in my country is that if you can get something cheap you don't have to pay for it, and if you do it, you're silly. People LOVE free things. And I insist that the biggest excuse is because of the ticket price. I live here and that's what most people say not to go to the movies.

Maybe I was wrong when I explained the economical reasons of people to don't go to the movies in that forum. I've seen that Spanish prices are not as high as many others. I would introduce other factor. Piracy is a enormous problem here too. The feeling in my country is that if you can get something cheap you don't have to pay for it, and if you do it, you're silly. People LOVE free things. And I insist that the biggest excuse is because of the ticket price. I live here and that's what most people say not to go to the movies.

and the rising admissions at the end of last century? multiplexes?