riczhang

24th PGA Awards (Winner in 1st Post)

Yeah, this is getting bizarre. Argo has won GG and PGA but AMPAS didn't even nominate its director. I don't consider Argo to be a frontrunner even after this win.

It'll be a race to the finish. Driving Miss Daisy is a huge precedent to break, and I'm more confident in it now than I was 2 weeks ago but I still don't think so. 

I think BAFTA may be more important than we think. Today SLP won a major Aussie award. If it can somehow win BAFTA then it is the frontrunner. My theory is that ZDT's demise is fueling Argo's resurgence. Then there is the possibility that a lot of industry people were rooting for Affleck and the AMPAS diss has generated some sympathy for the movie.

I don't think Lincoln has a chance at SAG....

Maybe I'm in denial but I don't see SLP winning so that only leaves Lincoln. Unless someone thinks that Les Miserables or Argo can pull of a victory. If either of the latter two happens it'll either throw a huge wrench into the race or confirm Argo's momentum. 

I think BAFTA may be more important than we think. Today SLP won a major Aussie award. If it can somehow win BAFTA then it is the frontrunner. My theory is that ZDT's demise is fueling Argo's resurgence. Then there is the possibility that a lot of industry people were rooting for Affleck and the AMPAS diss has generated some sympathy for the movie.

SLP's not winning BAFTA. That's not happening. But BAFTA will be very important. They present just as the Academy begins voting. The winners will be riding a huge high right out of the gate. 

Lincoln needs to pick up a guild sometime soon or its dead. No film since god knows how long has won with at least a single guild. The 2 most recent single guild winners that won BP are Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby and Unforgiven.