riczhang

24th PGA Awards (Winner in 1st Post)

Argo will still be the frontrunner if SLP wins tonight. Best Director will be very interesting, however. Since Affleck will probably pick up the DGA, we won't have any real idea who will pick up the Oscar. I guess it could be any of the five.

Argo will still be the frontrunner if SLP wins tonight. Best Director will be very interesting, however. Since Affleck will probably pick up the DGA, we won't have any real idea who will pick up the Oscar. I guess it could be any of the five.

I said this on Nominations morning, and I'll say it again. BAFTAs. Whoever picks it up there will be our Director winner. (unless Spielberg picks up DGA in which them he'd have a decent chance of winning)
  • Like 1

It's going to win editting, which is definetly key

I think ZDT will win editing. It's a fairly high profile movie, and they'll want to reward it somewhere. Editing is definitely where they would reward it above anywhere else. Remember that the academy also thinks this category is "most editing" and ZDT like TGWTDT is heavily edited.

I think Argo will win editing as well. Was just watching it again recently and editing is very showy. certian bits with Cuts from real news footage to Iran to US are done seamlessly and it reminded me of the way jfk did that sort of thing.

Its hard to judge editing in movies, but I think the editing in Argo is remarkably good. 

• Like 2

I think Argo will win editing as well. Was just watching it again recently and editing is very showy. certian bits with Cuts from real news footage to Iran to US are done seamlessly and it reminded me of the way jfk did that sort of thing.

I haven't seen Argo in so long I don't remember it very clearly, but I don't recall it being extremely heavily edited which I think is hurting it.