Leatherface

How frequently do you see movies in theatres? How much do you think you spend monthly?

What's wrong with watching 2-3 movies a week? Not everything that gets released outside of oscar season is stupid you know.

I didn't say that everything outside the Oscar season is stupid. I said that there are stupid movies, which you can't deny, and people still pay to see them. I mean why waste money on a money that looks horrible from the trailer (Jack & Jill, That's my Boy, Lorax -  how many of you can say they didn't watch those movies even though the movie looked horrible.).

Anyways... I just said my opinion: It's stupid to waste money on movies that look stupid, people call them stupid, and yet you still go and watch them. That's why I only watch the movies I find interesting, not every single movie that comes out every single week.

I never buy snacks from the cinema, that's for sure. It's like £4 for small popcorn and £2.50 for a bottle of water/coke/fanta or whatever. It's more likely than not you spend more on that than your actual ticket. No fucking thanks.

I usually just get something from the supermarket that's conveniently directly opposite the cinema.

And on average I'd say like 3 times a month. I rarely go more than once a week.

Edited by Heretic

I watch several films each week, but at home. Since most movies are released on Blu-ray/DVD only 3-4 months after the theatrical release (sometimes earlier), I usually only go to the films that demand to be seen on the big screen–such as Life of Pi in 3D or The Master in 70mm. 

Edit: Ignoring the fact that the food is ridiculously overpriced, I don't really understanding eating in a movie theater; to get a drink is one thing but you can't really pay full attention to a film when you are eating. Also, on a practical level, chewing usually makes it really difficult to hear dialogue. Better to discuss the film over a meal afterwards. 

Edited by Clavius

I watch several films each week, but at home. Since most movies are released on Blu-ray/DVD only 3-4 months after the theatrical release (sometimes earlier), I usually only go to the films that demand to be seen on the big screen–such as Life of Pi in 3D or The Master in 70mm. 

Edit: Ignoring the fact that the food is ridiculously overpriced, I don't really understanding eating in a movie theater; to get a drink is one thing but you can't really pay full attention to a film when you are eating. Also, on a practical level, chewing usually makes it really difficult to hear dialogue. Better to discuss the film over a meal afterwards. 

Agreed with the eating part. I remember watching The Hobbit three weeks ago, when someone who sat next to me, decided to buy nachos. Oh My God. I didn't hear any of the actors voice for about 10 minutes because of crunchy noises... -.-

I never buy snacks from the cinema, that's for sure. It's like £4 for small popcorn and £2.50 for a bottle of water/coke/fanta or whatever. It's more likely than not you spend more on that than your actual ticket. No fucking thanks. I usually just get something from the supermarket that's conveniently directly opposite the cinema. And on average I'd say like 3 times a month. I rarely go more than once a week.

Ridiculous prices here easily add up to more than the ticket!But then if people like going for the "movie experience", tight-ass Tuesday is the day to go!

Agreed with the eating part. I remember watching The Hobbit three weeks ago, when someone who sat next to me, decided to buy nachos. Oh My God. I didn't hear any of the actors voice for about 10 minutes because of crunchy noises... -.-

That's beyond annoying. I wrote this in another thread a while ago but when I saw Life of Pi, the women sitting next to me was literally eating 1 piece of popcorn at the same pace for the entire duration of the film. Even when there as death on screen, animals dying, rats etc.. she still continued to eat at the same annoying pace. Something was wrong with this person. 

I try to see most movies (that I think will be good) in cinemas.. So generally 6 or so per month..Costs me anywhere from $75-$150 per month depending on the format, location and any specials I get through various loyalty programs.

So I just noticed I went 7 times this month (although once was a repeat so 6 different movies, but 7 visits).