Leatherface

How frequently do you see movies in theatres? How much do you think you spend monthly?

This is different than the thread where you post movies and their grades as you see them. This is more general: Would you say that you see movies in theatres every week on average? Every two? Once a month?  And how much would you say you spend on viewing movies theatrically per month? Include food/soda costs if you usually purchase those things?

I'd say I spend about $20 per week between tickets and food/pop and go about 3 out of every 4 weeks in a month on average. I saw 110 movies in theatres last year.

I probably try to see 2 movies a week. But sometimes if there isn't anything good it'll be less, but during Oscar season it can be 4+.Tickets are about 12-13 bucks and I'll spend about 10-15 bucks on food most times I go. 

I probably try to see 2 movies a week. But sometimes if there isn't anything good it'll be less, but during Oscar season it can be 4+.Tickets are about 12-13 bucks and I'll spend about 10-15 bucks on food most times I go. 

Food prices at theatres are just insane. It's $6 for a large pop where I go.

2 films a month  on  average, some months 0!  rarely 3 films a month but it does happen sometimes if there are films i want to see! popcorn and drink expensive:

xlarge pepsi is 3.25 large popcorn same and ticket 7.25$ sooo that puts you back about 15$ plus usually i take the bus 5$ roundtrip so yeah per movie i spent 20$ , sometimes i take a small popcorn/drink to save $

My average is about 2 a month; my expenses would be about 30$ a month (including popcorn). There are month where I go 4 or 5 times to the theater (fall of winter) ans some where I don't go at all (ussually july or august) - the reason: the nearest theatre is in the city, 27km away, and in the summer I don't go there.

I usually go when I want to watch a movie that I actually find interesting. The people around who watch 2-3 movies a week watch every movie that hits theaters, meaning that they're paying to see stupid movies, too, which I don't. As I said, only the movies I find interesting and think that they are worth watching.

5-6 times a year, maybe up to ten if there are really good movies. And also, even If i wanted to go more often (Which I actually do), the nearest cinema is at around 27km away, in another city, and because I don't have a car and there aren't too many buses, I would have to hitchhike there (Of course I go to school in that city every day, but it also costs much and with the situation Romania is in right now, it's not the most affordable thing).

I usually go when I want to watch a movie that I actually find interesting. The people around who watch 2-3 movies a week watch every movie that hits theaters, meaning that they're paying to see stupid movies, too, which I don't. As I said, only the movies I find interesting and think that they are worth watching.5-6 times a year, maybe up to ten if there are really good movies. And also, even If i wanted to go more often (Which I actually do), the nearest cinema is at around 27km away, in another city, and because I don't have a car and there aren't too many buses, I would have to hitchhike there (Of course I go to school in that city every day, but it also costs much and with the situation Romania is in right now, it's not the most affordable thing).

What's wrong with watching 2-3 movies a week? Not everything that gets released outside of oscar season is stupid you know.
  • Like 1