The Creator

Year 6 Actuals

It all depends on the post-Thanksgiving drop, which will surely be more than 60%.

I used to hope for sub-50% post-thanksgiving drops :lol: Safe to say I learned very quickly that those practically don't exist.

I remember reading somewhere that Oscars won't affect box office runs...Not sure, though... might've misread or just imagined it

Oscars don't effect BO runs strictly speaking, but the actuals are up to the discretion of the person doing them so he could adjust movies up for getting big noms, or winning big awards.

I remember reading somewhere that Oscars won't affect box office runs...

Not sure, though... might've misread or just imagined it

Winning an Oscar doesn't affect the run much if at all. I am talking about the nomination bump since it got BP, Ensemble, Actress, and Supporting Actress which are big categories. Nomination's do affect the box office to a degree (Life of Pi, Agro, Django Unchained, and  Silver Lining Playbooks)

Winning an Oscar doesn't affect the run much if at all. I am talking about the nomination bump since it got BP, Ensemble, Actress, and Supporting Actress which are big categories. Nomination's do affect the box office to a degree (Life of Pi, Agro, Django Unchained, and  Silver Lining Playbooks)

Society was released October 7, and by the time noms are announced it will have run it's course.

Society was released October 7, and by the time noms are announced it will have run it's course.

Well plenty of films get rereleases. I am going to message Uekacreator since it is his decision. 

I think Careful Laid Plans will have a leggy run, especially with its Oscar noms. It's already expanded much better than Empty Hearth and should continue to perform well into December. I think it has a very good chance at breaking 100 million.

Now that we're kinda talking about actuals. I was actually mulling over an idea. I was thinking that I'd use a random number generator to determine random events such as weather catastrophes, and breakouts. I was thinking that I'd have 4 weather catastrophes a year, and I'd use a generator to get a number between 1 and 52. Then whatever number will be whatever week of the year will have a weather catastrophe. I could also use the generator to randomly assign which part of the US is affected, and how severely. I was also thinking of using the generator to randomly make 2 movies breakout and 2 movies disappoint. I'll just assign each movie a number based on their release. (ie. 1st movie of the year will have the #1 and etc.) Then the generator spits out a number and that movie will perform very well, or very poorly. I thought this way it'd add more fun into the game, and realism because sometimes weather problems happen, and sometimes movies do very well, or very poorly for no apparent reason. 

• Like 2