Impact

Snubbed performances of the 2000s

This thread should be for performances overall, not only for the 2000s...

Talking of that. Despite me not liking Willis at all, I think he should've been nominated for Twelve Monkeys. I really liked him a lot in that movie.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

10 Performances of the 2000s1. Amy Adams - Enchanted2. Gary Oldman - Batman Begins3. Will Ferrell - Elf4. Jim Carrey - Eternal Sunshine5. Alfred Molina - Spider-Man 26. Andy Serkis - The Two Towers7. Zoe Salanda - Avatar8. Ellen DeGeneries - Finding Nemo9. Johnny Depp - POTC 110. Ian McKellen - Fellowship of the Ring

I agree we need a Best Voice Acting category but if that doesn't exist, then no way was she snubbed

Agreed! Motion capture and voice acting should have some recognition - but there are some that transcend this and should be able to compete in the Acting categories... Ellen DeGeneries as Dory, Robin Williams as the Genie, Andy Serkis in LOTR: Two Towers and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Zoe Saldana in Avatar.

They all were definitely Oscar caliber performances - they made you think they were the character. It takes a great deal of talent to do that!

The only voice-acting performance I ever think could've crossed over into the main categories was Peter O'Toole in Ratatouille, and that's only because he hasn't won yet and it's likely to be his final performance.

10 Performances of the 2000s1. Amy Adams - Enchanted2. Gary Oldman - Batman Begins3. Will Ferrell - Elf4. Jim Carrey - Eternal Sunshine5. Alfred Molina - Spider-Man 26. Andy Serkis - The Two Towers7. Zoe Salanda - Avatar8. Ellen DeGeneries - Finding Nemo9. Johnny Depp - POTC 110. Ian McKellen - Fellowship of the Ring

waaaat

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1