Impact

Best Actress-2013

This beats EVERTHING ADF ever came up with. EVERYTHING! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Diana-acronym sig (Nanny Power tribute):

Desperate, Inconsolable Actress: Needs Awards
Dreadful In Another Nicole's Attire
Dreaming In A Nanny's Apron

Coming this fall...DIANA
D
o I Anticipate Nothing...Again?

:worthy: :worthy:

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Blanchett is the most boring virtuoso actress of our era.

She is de facto boring. And she knows it which is why hamming it up is her signature expression. If she was subtle she'd kill everyone in the theater with the level of deathly tedium.

She is de facto boring. And she knows it which is why hamming it up is her signature expression. If she was subtle she'd kill everyone in the theater with the level of deathly tedium.

I just thought of you, fishnets, when I read all the reviews for Blue Jasmine on RT. Seems like even the bad reviews are raving about her performance.  I think Blanchett is boring and dettached too; she might need to do a Meryl Streep on us: redefine her screen persona as lighter and warmer, like Streep did with She-Devil, Death Becomes Her, The Devil Wears Prada, Mamma Mia!, Julie and Julia, et al.

I think that Blanchett has difficulty projecting herself into those roles. And by that I don't mean playing herself, just projecting that super-likable, charming warm perosnality that she has off screen. other actors who cannot do it (and are wooden on screen) are Ben Affleck and Orlando Bloom. Both terrifically charming and likable interviewees but boring as fuck planks of wood on the big screen.

I think that Blanchett has difficulty projecting herself into those roles. And by that I don't mean playing herself, just projecting that super-likable, charming warm perosnality that she has off screen. other actors who cannot do it (and are wooden on screen) are Ben Affleck and Orlando Bloom. Both terrifically charming and likable interviewees but boring as fuck planks of wood on the big screen.

Isn't that fascinating???  How can someone as effortlessly alive in interviews like Affleck be so...dead onscreen?

I think that part of the definition of a star (Streep, Bullock, Jlaw, McCarthy) is someone who has the ability to be warm, charming, funny, and engaging both off and onscreen. To use the old cliche, you either have it or you don't.

• Like 1

Isn't that fascinating???  How can someone as effortlessly alive in interviews like Affleck be so...dead onscreen?

I think that part of the definition of a star (Streep, Bullock, Jlaw, McCarthy) is someone who has the ability to be warm, charming, funny, and engaging both off and onscreen. To use the old cliche, you either have it or you don't.

yep, that's it. I'm perosnally bigger fan of RDJ playing himself over and over for he's such a winning perosnality than any of El Senor's overly-mannered hammy "disappearances" into obnoxious characters.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

An open letter to Ritz:

Dear Ritz,

Where the fuck are you hiding? I get that El Diabolo Blanchitto's unstoppable upset of Meryl's fourth tossed you in the deep depression, but c'mon man, you're heart and soul of Oscar forums. GET YOUR ASS BACK!

BTW, Amour succeeeded where all movies and sedatives failed - I maanged to really fall asleep during the flight back from Europe. Thanks for recommendation. :wub:

I was in middle of nowhere, Ontario for a month doing volunteer work. But, I'm back now. And Meryl's got this one. There's no taking it away from her. I got my hands on some footage and it is extraordinary. Legitimately her greatest role to date. 

• Like 1

I was in middle of nowhere, Ontario for a month doing volunteer work. But, I'm back now. And Meryl's got this one. There's no taking it away from her. I got my hands on some footage and it is extraordinary. Legitimately her greatest role to date. 

OMG, where do we have a middle-of-nowhere in Ontario? I wanna go.

Lets hope Blue Jasmin doesn't make enough money. A:OC is definitely goping to make much more.

Still rooting for Nanny.