Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

It hasn't been set up at all in the show so it's very unlikely it will happen. Basically in the third book:

We learn that Tywin has conjured up a fake Arya Stark to go north and marry Ramsay Snow to further legitimize the Bolton control over the North. The fake Arya is a friend of Sansa's who went to King's Landing with her. That friend was only a non-speaking extra in the Series Premiere and hasn't been seen in the show since. So basically, early in Book 5 Fake Arya is taken to the Boltons, who arrange a marriage ceremony in Winterfell between her and Ramsay Snow with the majority of the important Northern lords in attendance. You can imagine that Ramsay does not treat Fake Arya well at all.

That's all I will say, since I don't want to inadvertently spoil stuff that happens that may be similar enough to book material.

EDIT: This was a spoiler from the leaked episodes, if you want to know what it is send me a PM.

Edited by CJohn

EDIT: This was a spoiler from the leaked episodes, if you want to know what it is send me a PM.

If it is what I think it is I've known the general setup for a little while due to the trailers giving it away via people being in certain sets. Book readers online are very thorough looking for clues.

No, it's an adaptation, not an animated flip book of the novels. They have to make creative choices that work for this medium, and for the general audience. They're making a TV show, not attempting to blow all of us book readers and make us feel all warm & fuzzy. They also know a hell of a lot more about what matters in the long run than any of us do.

When are people going to realize that we have to totally separate the two? It. Will. Not. Be. The. Same. Just accept that and spare us all the book purist whining.

• Like 2

No, it's an adaptation, not an animated flip book of the novels. They have to make creative choices that work for this medium, and for the general audience. They're making a TV show, not attempting to blow all of us book readers and make us feel all warm & fuzzy. They also know a hell of a lot more about what matters in the long run than any of us do.

When are people going to realize that we have to totally separate the two? It. Will. Not. Be. The. Same. Just accept that and spare us all the book purist whining.

I get it but it makes no narrative sense in the shows universe either. It's literally saying you know what we be dramatic and shock viewers this they didn't think it through at all and besides that it is by far the biggest departure I have seen and again it makes no damn sense for any of the characters involved

For some reason, after watching the first epiaode, I have a suspicion that...

That Sansa is going to be bethroed to Ramsay and basically that will take place of the whole fake Arya thing...

The rest will play out with Brienne trying to save her possibly but eventually Jon realizing he needs to save his sister and getting betrayed over that choice.

Also, I hope we see Val soon.

The leak didn't hurt the ratings in Australia.  A huge increase in the ratings from the Season 4 premiere.  Last year the 3:30pm and 7:30pm broadcasts had ratings of 115,000 and 158,000 respectively.  This year for the 11am and 7:30pm broadcasts it was 236,000 and 279,000 respectively.

For the two broadcasts of the season finale of The Walking Dead 2 weeks ago the ratings were 67,000 and 69,000.  Both shows are on the same subscription package so they have the same number of potential viewers.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/monday-13-april-2015.html

The leaks did not affected the ratings at all, in fact it was higher than the MTV movie awards

‘Game of Thrones’ Ratings: HBO Show Returns With Series High

More and more viewers are getting swept up by HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” with Sunday’s season premiere setting another series high in the ratings.

Once considered something of a niche show, “Thrones” is now delivering numbers topped on cable only by AMC’s “The Walking Dead.” Nielsen estimates than an average audience of about 8 million watched the initial telecast of “Game of Thrones” on Sunday — up 1.16 million viewers (or 17%) from its year-ago debut of 6.84 million. It’s also about 800,000 more than any other episode of the show to date.

“Game of Thrones” first drew 4 million viewers for an episode with its season 2 finale, then surpassed 5 million viewers for the first time midway through Season 3. It hit the 6-million mark with its season 4 premiere, passed 7 million with its fifth episode last year and now 8 million. Its peak had been the seventh episode of last year, which drew 7.195 million.

And like “The Walking Dead,” “Game of Thrones” has grown its average seasonal audience with each year. The first season of “Thrones” in 2011 averaged 2.52 million viewers for its initial Sunday telecast, according to Nielsen “live plus same-day” estimates. It has grown in successive seasons to 3.8 million in 2012, to 4.97 million in 2013 and then 6.84 million in 2014.

It seems well on its way to extending that streak again this year.

In adults 18-49, primetime’s most important demo but one that has little effect on a premium service like HBO, Sunday’s premiere of “Game of Thrones” averaged a 4.19 rating (or about 5.3 million viewers). This is up 14% from last year’s premiere score (3.61) and is 6% higher than the show’s peak in the seventh week (3.95).

• Like 3

I know AMC is available in far more households in the US then HBO but even so I do find the GoT/TWD contrast between Australia and the US interesting.  The Waling Dead has roughly twice the number of viewers in the US then that of Game of Thrones yet in Australia GoT has roughly 4 times the number of viewers.