Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Bran will not appear until season 6.

And come on guys, part of the brilliance of Game Of Thrones is the slow build up towards the climax of each season, not every episode has to happen something shocking in order to be a good episode.

Edited by Boxx93

Also while it looked nice, the ruins of Valyria were about as far from the book description as you can get. It's basically a volcanic wasteland that still burns and smokes, with ships going hundreds of miles out of their way to avoid sailing near it and they can still see a dull red glow in the horizon in its direction.

They basically took the description of the abandoned Rhoynish city by the Bridge of Dreams in Book 5 and called it Valyria.

• Like 1

Yeah good last episode.  There was a lot to like and it forwarded along a lot of big storylines.

and yes, feeling bad for Sansa is pretty easy at this point, reader of the books or not

• Like 1

Twitter is blowing up like crazy. There are are a lot of angry feminists.

As a woman myself, I must say I'm afraid that feminists get angry way too often.

It fits with the character that is Ramsay. What'd they think would happen on the wedding night with that sociopathic lunatic?

• Like 3

As a woman myself, I must say I'm afraid that feminists get angry way too often.

It fits with the character that is Ramsay. What'd they think would happen on the wedding night with that sociopathic lunatic?

Yeah, I really don't understand the, "Unnecessary to the plot!" complaints.

Was it unnecessary?  Nobody knows until the season finishes, there could actually be a point to it, especially since Sansa is taking up Lady Stoneheart's role and Jeyne's role from the books in order to streamline the plot.  I feel like this is going to be the episode that causes Sansa to snap and become an actual player.

How else do people think the first night of Sansa would result in if she married a psychotic lord.

Imo the rape at the body of Joffery was unnecessary but imo this scene while harsh has some purpose in this show. 

It is a storyline we seen a 1000X times in movies. 

Innocent lady and a crazy lord. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

It's also in the books (and much worse.) So, if they want to be angry with anyone, be angry with GRRM.

Rape is terrible but considering how much vile evil has taken place on the show, it gets the most attention I noticed. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

People need to realize that violence against women is probably a very realistic and common thing in a world/time like is GoT. It's not glamorizing or condoning anything. It's realism. It's horrible, but that's the point.

GOT is not historical drama but imo you see it that even in the show Vikings, they have to tone things down dramatically from actual history or else no one would like the main characters lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Rape is terrible but considering how much vile evil has taken place on the show, it gets the most attention I noticed. 

Exactly, much worse has been actually shown on this shown, so I get it was shocking and disturbing (the scene made me shake), but that doesn't necessarily make it poorly written (unless of course there was actually no point in Sansa's character arc, which I don't believe for a second).  I also hate how people call the show misogynist, when it's really a realistic portrayal of how society is now.  The "feminist complainers" seem to have forgotten that Sansa isn't the only woman in the show, women are key players in the show, but the show is supposed to be a realistic portrayal of medieval society, our society now, and an addition of some fantasy elements. The show does not portray women in a negative or misogynist way because bad things happen to the women too.  It's also not like that the women of the show are the only gender that have it rough, every character in the show has it rough.  

That scene was not condoning rape, but it wasn't denying that sort of rape happens, it was exposing it and making it more relevant to be discussed (since much worse than that happens in our world today).  Nobody saw the last scene of tonight's episode and thought anything positive, everyone who watched it was disturbed by what happened.  So I don't understand the "glorifying rape" complaints.  

The complaints and outrage toward the scene make me fairly mad because it's people acting out on their emotions that they were SUPPOSED to feel when they watched the scene.  You were disgusted by the scene?  Well then the scene sure did do it's job.  It's kind of irritating to hear people say, "We don't need THAT in our TV entertainment, but four seasons of castrations, baby killings, torture, mass murders of well-loved characters in brutal ways, skull crushing, etc. is okay and fun."

• Like 2