Rear Window  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A prime example how a very simple setup can keep you interested and invested for feature length. In fact it looks like an adapted stageplay - which it isn't, I would have bet on it.

Success for such intimate stories hinges on the actors and there's everything right about those two. Plus Hitchcock knows what he's doing, the tension is steadily rising while we're never too sure (ok, at first viewing) if the whole thing isn't just Jimmy Steward's bored mind playing tricks on him. Highly recommended!

my favorite Hitchcock so far and possibly one of the best films I have ever watched.

Hitchcock biggest strength are the characters, Jeff and Lisa relationship is what makes the movie so great imo. He understands what makes an interesting and likeable character, he understands the human nature. And they still are compelling even afer 60 years.

100/100

the IMDB board for this film is awful to read, the nitpicking there boggles my mind. Some of the so called "flaws" of the film:

"a gorgeous young ballet dancer performs in full costume, hair, and makeup, in front of a missing wall in her apartment."

"Basically all of these people are fully costumed, perfectly lit, and their apartments are all missing one wall so their neighbors can watch everything they do"

"Also Jimmy Stewart's hairpiece is such an unnatural color. It's the most unrealistic hairpiece since..."