The Dark Alfred

CAYOM Festival - Year 7 - Three-Month Funeral triumphs

Here we go. Hereby declare the first CAYOM festival. We nominate two players as the panel, who will post reviews of the films submitted and the trim the contenders for the final prizes. However due to fairness and excitement, they won't decide the winners. The main prizes will be given away by an outsider of CAYOM, a respected member of the board.

Each player should submit one film and PM it to the panel. Now I understand that not everyone have films fully finished, so don't really expect more than 5 entries (would be awesome if everyone had a film though), the first festival will be pretty low-key I guess, but to make it more fun you can maybe post parts of a film as sneak peak.

On the other hand if someone has more than one films ready, maybe we could choose one film as the opening gala film that's out of the contest. 

The categories would be:

Grand Jury Best Film

Best Director

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Screenplay 

The festival will take place in Puerto Rico.

Any suggestions, ideas, folks? How should we name it. The Golden Elephant?  ;)

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines
  • Like 1

This should be interesting ^^. Also, don't worry about how many movies people will submit. It's just the first time. They will learn to get their main movies ready for the festival in the future.

I nominate our resident Oscar nut riczhang to the Panel.

Since this is supposed to be Cannes-esque I don't quite have the film I would have submitted otherwise ready (Blood Currency). I may submit a film for out-of-competition opening/closing night.

• Like 2

Is Ang Lee still directing Journey? I assumed that it was pushed back for Y8.

I'll find another director for The Academy in that case.

No, you don't have to.

I said it was pushed back, the director is automatically free. I can't take him back now and mess with your plans. You keep him, I'll try finding another director and If not, I'll try submitting another movie. I have plenty of ideas that could go with this kind of festival.

So, since we're having this Festival, would this occur before Part 1 or during Part 1?

We should work that out since if it happens before Part 1 then Part 1 will get pushed back.

If we do decide it like that then this would be my proposed schedule:

Between now and Sunday: Figure out who the panel would be, who we would get as a guest decider, what films will be submitted.

Sunday night: Announce Everything

Monday: Panel starts reading.

Tuesday through Friday: The panel synchronizes its reviews, so for example, the reviews for Film A are posted first, then the reviews for Film B, etc, to simulate a festival screening schedule.

Friday night: The panel announces its finalists for the awards

Sunday night: The guest judge(s) declares the winners.

Monday: Part 1 begins.

• Like 1

So, since we're having this Festival, would this occur before Part 1 or during Part 1?

We should work that out since if it happens before Part 1 then Part 1 will get pushed back.

If we do decide it like that then this would be my proposed schedule:

Between now and Sunday: Figure out who the panel would be, who we would get as a guest decider, what films will be submitted.

Sunday night: Announce Everything

Monday: Panel starts reading.

Tuesday through Friday: The panel synchronizes its reviews, so for example, the reviews for Film A are posted first, then the reviews for Film B, etc, to simulate a festival screening schedule.

Friday night: The panel announces its finalists for the awards

Sunday night: The guest judge(s) declares the winners.

Monday: Part 1 begins.

I like this schedule. Part 1 gets pushed back a week. 

No, you don't have to.

I said it was pushed back, the director is automatically free. I can't take him back now and mess with your plans. You keep him, I'll try finding another director and If not, I'll try submitting another movie. I have plenty of ideas that could go with this kind of festival.

It's really hard to pin point a director for The Academy. It's an film with five interwoven stories dealing with an idea related to free will. (kind of like Cloud Atlas & The Simulation (Y4) combined)

I'm still looking for a director... :unsure:

Besides, I'm kind of messing with your plans, not the other way around.

It's really hard to pin point a director for The Academy. It's an film with five interwoven stories dealing with an idea related to free will. (kind of like Cloud Atlas & The Simulation (Y4) combined)

I'm still looking for a director... :unsure:

Besides, I'm kind of messing with your plans, not the other way around.

You should keep him for now until I figure out some things about my other movies. Also, a director suggestion for that movie would be no other than the ones who did Cloud Atlas: The Wachowski siblings.

I would do that, but I feel like if I did, it would be like I'm trying to copy Cloud Atlas.

Oh yeah, you can keep Ang Lee. I found another movie I can send in If I manage to get it done in these few days.

I have a hard time picturing it as a live action movie, but animation also doesn't work since the ending is kind of tough for young audience. It would make it a R-rated animation =|