baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Hey baumer, I have a question regarding WW Top 10 scoring: Here is the wording you have:

Every film you call in the top 10 correct, you get 10,000 points. If you call the top 3 spots in order, you get a bonus of 50,000. If you can call 5 in order you will get a 100,000 point bonus. If you can call between 6-8 in order, a bonus of 150,000 and between 9-10 will get you a bonus of 200,000.

When you say "call 5 in order," they can be any 5, correct? For example, if I called #2, #4, #6, #8, and #10 correctly, I would get the 100,000 point bonus?

Hey baumer, I have a question regarding WW Top 10 scoring: Here is the wording you have:

Every film you call in the top 10 correct, you get 10,000 points. If you call the top 3 spots in order, you get a bonus of 50,000. If you can call 5 in order you will get a 100,000 point bonus. If you can call between 6-8 in order, a bonus of 150,000 and between 9-10 will get you a bonus of 200,000.

When you say "call 5 in order," they can be any 5, correct? For example, if I called #2, #4, #6, #8, and #10 correctly, I would get the 100,000 point bonus?

I think he means the top 5, since it follows "call top 3 spots in order", and then "call 5 in order"

They have to be in order.

Got it. I was thinking it was like the Top 15 scoring where you get bonuses for getting  8-11/15,12/15, etc. But I just saw the wording for that scoring and saw the words "regardless of order" so it makes much more sense to me now.

• Like 1

Who is running the Winter Game? I would like to give it a try one of these days. I would want to make it a stripped down version of the Summer game, though. That way it's fun, but much less work to not only participate in, but to score as well. I think for most players it is just too much to have two games of this size back to back, which is a big reason why we have fewer players participate during the Winter.

Edited by laguy03
  • Like 1

Concerning SOTM 1:

I'm not too sure why this was already scored as wrong. I know that the foreign gross doesn't show if you just go on the movie's page on mojo but you can still see the foreign grosses by country if you search for it. I just added up all the domestic and foreign scores for Pain&Gain, Big Wedding and Mud and what I got was around $142.75 million  (I might be off a few thousand so mayve somebody should doublecheck.

According to mojo, Iron Man 3 is currently at 408.622 which means right now those three movies are only 894k off from being within 265 million.

Considering P&G was according to IMDB in its second weekend in Germany, Brazil, South Africa, Thailand and Portugal and opened in the UK, Spain and a few smaller markets this weekend, I think it's very safe to assume that the right answer to SOTM 1 should be YES.

Possibly I'm missing something here and as I saifd before the numbers should be double checked but that's what I got

All figures are according to Mojo Gizmo. I have stated this from the beginning. I use one source. This eliminates guess work. I have a hard enough time scoring 30-50 players. I dont want to search all over for figures. Mojo is what is used.

Answer keys to the last week questions:

1) Will One Direction open to more than 19.5 mill? NO

2) Will any film increase more than 12.5% on Sunday? YES(INSTRUCTIONS NOT INCLUDED increased exact 12.5%,does it count?)

3) Will Paranoia fall less than 35%? NO

4) Will Getaway open to more than Hardball did? NO

5) Will Closed Circuit open to more than 16.775 mill for the 6 day? NO

6) Will Mortal Instruments fall less than 32.5%? NO

7) Will You're Next increase more than 5% on Sunday? NO

8) Will MI have a Monday drop of less than 15% NO

9) Will The Butler finish in the top 2 on Monday? YES

10) Will Millers finish in the top 3? YES

11) Will any animated film in the top 50 drop less than 12.25%? YES

12) Will Man of Steel fall less than 15% for the 4 day? YES

13) Will WHD fall more than 15% for the 4 day? NO

14) Will Will any film in the top 20 increase more than 200%? YES

15) Will any film in the top 10 have an increase of more than 17.5% for the 4 day? YES

12/15 3000

13/15 6000

14/15 9000

15/15 15000

What finishes in spots:

5 Planes

6 Elysium

10 Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

11 You're Next

13 Despicable Me 2

Bonus 1:  What will the top three films add up to on Thursday? 3.735M

Bonus 2:  What will the top 5 films add up to on Friday? 19.282M

Bonus 3:  What will the top 3 films add up to on Sunday? 13.837M

Bonus 4:  What will the combined grosses of DM2, Smurfs 2 and Butler add up to for the 3 day? 19.580M

Bonus 5:  What will the combined % drop be for Millers, Kick Ass 2 and World's End for the three day? 100.7%