baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

So I took a look at who people were voting for on the "5 lowest-grossing" question. Here are the numbers I have, though I'm sure I missed a few, so these numbers probably aren't exact:

The To-Do List - 39

The Purge - 38

Big Wedding - 27

We're The Millers - 25

Paranoia - 21

Peeples - 18

The Conjuring - 13

The Internship - 10

Now You See Me - 4

Kick-Ass 2 - 3

Planes - 3

Great Gatsby - 1

Pain and Gain - 1

RIPD - 1

This Is The End - 1

300 2 - 4

Mortal Instruments - 2

The Worlds End - 2

The Spectacular Now - 2

(The bottom 4 are not wide releases during the timeframe, though there's an argument to be made that the 300 sequel should count as a zero-grosser, since it was listed as a wide release at the time of the question.)

-The folks who voted for Pain And Gain and The Great Gatsby are already wrong.

-I'm surprised that The Internship hit double digits.

-The 18 players who voted for Peeples are pretty much locked to get that one right.

-The 27 votes for The Big Wedding are probably going to have to wait until the very end of the game to see if they were right or not.

BUMP

Lots of people voted for The Purge.

I just totalled up those numbers, and they add up to 215. (Like I said, I may have missed one or two folks, though I think some people skipped that question too.)

So that means 38 out of 43 people picked The Purge. So Mattrek is one of the 5 (of the sample I counted) that didn't pick it.

So other than Mattrek and 4 other people, we all got it wrong.

That said, I do like that question. I hope baumer keeps it for next summer too.

• Like 1

I just totalled up those numbers, and they add up to 215. (Like I said, I may have missed one or two folks, though I think some people skipped that question too.)So that means 38 out of 43 people picked The Purge. So Mattrek is one of the 5 (of the sample I counted) that didn't pick it.So other than Mattrek and 4 other people, we all got it wrong.That said, I do like that question. I hope baumer keeps it for next summer too.

Only 4 others didn't pick it? Wow.

Well, The Purge could open to 25 mill and then have less than a 2 multiplier.  I'm not saying a 45 mill gross will make it to one of the bottom 5, but it might.

Well, The Purge could open to 25 mill and then have less than a 2 multiplier. I'm not saying a 45 mill gross will make it to one of the bottom 5, but it might.

Under 50m and it has a possibility to be in lowest grossing. If it gets over there's no way.
  • Like 1

Right now, the lowest would be Peeples, Big Wedding and Pain and Gain?

yep, plus After Earth possibly in somewhere, and then wherever Purge and Internship wind up.

we'll have to see how AE, Purge, and Internship do compared to P&G.

Edited by kitik

yep, plus After Earth possibly in somewhere, and then wherever Purge and Internship wind up.

AE will make more than Pain and Gain.  It won't end up as one of the lowest.

AE will make more than Pain and Gain.  It won't end up as one of the lowest.

I expect so too

From all the films just mentioned, the only ones with a really good shot at the bottom 5 are Peeples and Big Wedding.

Purge, AE, and P&G look safe. I guess we'll have to see how Internship does today. I suppose it could have terrible legs if TITE breaks out and steals all the comedy audience.

I didn't include it in my lowest 5 films of summer but I did include "This Is the End". I just had a feeling that it would be a movie that relies on its stars rather than the material, but early indications point to the film being pretty solid. I'm sure it will be at least a modest hit.

Was looking through some Week 7 predictions and stepped over this, posted by Baumer. I don't know, but I laughed so hard at this.

12 THAT INDIAN MOVIE THAT FINISHED IN 9TH SPOT LAST WEEKEND

• Like 1