baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Was looking through some Week 7 predictions and stepped over this, posted by Baumer. I don't know, but I laughed so hard at this.

I really doubt if YJHD will hold up this week. Hindi movies are normally one weekend wonders since there is little repeat business overseas (i.e. in the US). Most Hindi movies are family outings during the week of release.

If it holds up, then it will be really shocking. YJHD has had the strangest and most unexpected run ever in Hindi film history. No one expected it to perform as it is performing both in India and abroad.

Edited by grim22

^ I'm expecting it to expand theaters. It doesn't say so in the theater counts, but the studio would be stupid not to expand after the successful first weekend and by a large amount too.

Quite the opposite in LA at least, it was playing on 6 screens last week. It is down to 3 this week.

Wow. I am just going through all MOS predictions. Most people have predictions in the $275M-$325M range. I have the lowest prediction by $60M!!! I predicted $171M. What was I thinking? This movie is probably going to be huge and now I'm kicking myself for not looking at everyone's predictions. If I had, maybe it would've swayed me to make a prediction of at least $200M.

• Like 3

Wow. I am just going through all MOS predictions. Most people have predictions in the $275M-$325M range. I have the lowest prediction by $60M!!! I predicted $171M. What was I thinking? This movie is probably going to be huge and now I'm kicking myself for not looking at everyone's predictions. If I had, maybe it would've swayed me to make a prediction of at least $200M.

Yeah your fucked haha. 

• Like 1

I might end up earning 24k this week, provided Trek's Saturday increase stays over 51.6%, THAT INDIAN MOVIE and BEFORE MIDNIGHT keep their #12 and #15 spots, and The Internship's Sunday hold actually turns out to be better than The Purge's. Here's hoping all of that happens, and that I'm not going to flop on the MOS questions. Gotta climb up to the top

• Like 1

And I will do them myself tonight.  I know some of you are eager to help, but I have to get back into the groove.  I haven't scored weeklys in two weeks now.  So please be patient with me, I'll have them done tonight for sure.  :)

• Like 2