baumer

Oblivion (2013)

81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

3. Do you have a social presence in your community?

No, I just moved to a new country. But even in my old country I mainly fornicated, not many more social activities I feel like investing into.

I can't be the only one to find this hilarious and awesome, right?  I almost spit my drink out when I read it.

Someone needs to open a brothel/theater for shayhiri, and fast!   What would we call it...?

• Like 2

The movie is really quite flawless except for one major thing.....the story didn't really capture my interest all that much. The Earth is a desert, there are no inhabitants. They all live on Saturn now. Jack is there for clean up purposes. Not much to be interested in to be honest.The last 30 minutes is excellent and the ending is terrific, that makes it a 6.5 or a 7 for me. I'll never see it again, but I'm glad I saw it once.

• Like 1

The movie is really quite flawless except for one major thing.....the story didn't really capture my interest all that much. The Earth is a desert, there are no inhabitants. They all live on Saturn now. Jack is there for clean up purposes. Not much to be interested in to be honest.The last 30 minutes is excellent and the ending is terrific, that makes it a 6.5 or a 7 for me. I'll never see it again, but I'm glad I saw it once.

Except that they aren't on Saturn now.

Except that they aren't on Saturn now.

But that is what we were told in the first hour.I also didn't really think it was a big twist. A twist is Willis is dead in Sixth Sense. That's a twist. The fact that no one is on Saturn is a plot piece, imo, not a twist.

Andrea Riseborough is a really pleasant looking woman (and she's got a.. GRRRRREAT ASS!) but I just dont get Kurylenko.

She's Russian with a great RACK.

I also didn't really think it was a big twist. A twist is Willis is dead in Sixth Sense. That's a twist. The fact that no one is on Saturn is a plot piece, imo, not a twist.

It's a GIANT twist (that we lost the war). Unfortunately they spoiled it in the trailers, I stll can't forgive them that.

This movie above all else is stunning to watch. The visuals are just incredible and my jaw dropped at the barren landscape, sky house. One would have to be blind or extremely biased as to not at least agree that Kosinski does make his movies look good. I believe he has a background in architecture and it shows on film.The story is straightforward which is ok. Its definitely not the most original story and it's not the best sci-fi, but it doesn't try to be too smart or clever for its own good. And all the complaints about the ending is unfounded IMO. Tom is great as usual. Olga :wub: :wub: held her own. I wouldn't say it's a breakout performance but she was good enough. And Andrea :wub: :wub: wow I have to watch more of her movies. I agree the movie tries to show heart and falls a little short but its not for lack of trying. Maybe they could've fleshed out Jack and Julia's and Rebecca's relationship more but the movie may have gotten too long. And the score is incredible. Just bought the soundtrack. B/B+

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 4