A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 minute ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

This is how wild rumors get started.

:sarah: 

Exactly, like that rumor that said that you thought Mechanic 2 had the best action scene of the year.

All lies.

I can assure everyone that what you said was that Mechanic 2 had the best action scene of the last 10 years.

Just now, Nutella of Arabia said:

I'm pretty sure no one wants me to rehash what I've been saying the last 10 pages or so. :lol: I think it looks overly shiny, fake, and absurd given the general concept.

You said and I quote that BvS was

"ok"

and lots of stuff in BvS was not logical or scientifically sound.

Can you show your true colors now ?

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You said and I quote that BvS was

"ok"

and lots of stuff in BvS was not logical or scientifically sound.

Can you show your true colors now ?

Your explanation's made me even more confused. :lol: 

Yes, I thought BVS was OK. I'll probably never see it again. Why are you even bringing it up? 

It's not like I expect or demand any movie to be scientifically sound. I just expect them to appear to feel right for the world they present. PASSENGERS doesn't, really -- though to be fair to it this is just a trailer and not necessarily indicative of the movie.

edit: oh wait, I think I get it! My complaints about the PASSENGERS trailer means I'm a secret giant DC fan. Got it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Eh, I'd take Tele's objections to this movie (as much as I don't see the issues he does) over people saying they hate this because the trailer gave away too much, or it's Hollywood garbage because it stars two popular actors.

I apologize for quasi-ranting all over this thread. I really enjoy this particular genre and hold it to high standards, and my initial frustration is the realization that PASSENGERS may simply not be what I was hoping for. It could well end up being INTERSTELLAR all over again.

4 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Your explanation's made me even more confused. :lol: 

Yes, I thought BVS was OK. I'll probably never see it again. Why are you even bringing it up? 

It's not like I expect or demand any movie to be scientifically sound. I just expect them to appear to feel right for the world they present. PASSENGERS doesn't, really -- though to be fair to it this is just a trailer and not necessarily indicative of the movie.

edit: oh wait, I think I get it! My complaints about the PASSENGERS trailer means I'm a secret giant DC fan. Got it.

You always was.

You secretly and quietly poison the well but I see you.

:P

3 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

I apologize for quasi-ranting all over this thread. I really enjoy this particular genre and hold it to high standards, and my initial frustration is the realization that PASSENGERS may simply not be what I was hoping for. It could well end up being INTERSTELLAR all over again.

Wait, you were actually expecting something different? That makes no sense to me.

Just now, Nutella of Arabia said:

You have no idea how much restraint it's taking for me to not tag Pink here

• Like 3