Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I don't have time to quote inumerous posts of you guys trashing Squaremaster

I never said that I didn't bash Squaremaster. I simply pointed out that I criticise BKB as well.

Remember? That was kinda the entire point?

• Like 1

I don't have time to quote inumerous posts of you guys trashing Squaremaster

That was not the point. The point was "Why don't you attack BKB like you attack Squaremaster?"

Rukaio showed you posts in which he criticized BKB's attitude as well.

(And no one told Squaremaster he was a "moron" and an "insane psychopath" with an "asshole attitude". So stop pulling the Victim Card. That's the colorful language your buddy has been using these last few pages to qualify his interlocutor. That's quite the difference that you don't realize).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I love how people criticise this movie by asking where the other avengers were during the events. The funny thing is, this was posted by a batman fanboy and what you fail to realise squaremaster is the very same argument can be used against TDKR. Where the fuck was superman when Bane was terrorising the city?? Its all suppose to be linked isn't it?? superman could have flown to gotham, taken the nuke, flown it into space before Bane could have blinked.

• Like 1

I love how people criticise this movie by asking where the other avengers were during the events. The funny thing is, this was posted by a batman fanboy and what you fail to realise squaremaster is the very same argument can be used against TDKR. Where the fuck was superman when Bane was terrorising the city?? Its all suppose to be linked isn't it?? superman could have flown to gotham, taken the nuke, flown it into space before Bane could have blinked.

I hate it when people complain that the Avengers didn't appear just as much as you do, but that's a load of rubbish.

Superman had not been introduced in Nolan's world and, judging by Ben Affleck's casting as the new Batman, he never will be.

• Like 3

I hate it when people complain that the Avengers didn't appear just as much as you do, but that's a load of rubbish.

Superman had not been introduced in Nolan's world and, judging by Ben Affleck's casting as the new Batman, he never will be.

The fact that they tried desperately to bring back Bale proves that they wanted the movies to be linked, so its not a load of rubbish.

• Like 1

The fact that they tried desperately to bring back Bale proves that they wanted the movies to be linked, so its not a load of rubbish.

Except they didn't. That rumour about him being offered $50 million to return was never confirmed and was based on very shaky sources. It was more a misconception based on the report that Bale could probably make $50 million if he returned, not that Warner had made such an offer.

Either way, Superman hadn't been introduced or even hinted to exist in the Nolanverse (which has already been confirmed in interviews to be a standalone universe and not related to MoS) and, even if Bale did return for BvsS, it'd almost certainly be a post TDKR Batman.

This argument would work if Justice League would've been released before or the universe was connected. Anyways, I think that Justice League would've been the best thing to support your argument since the whole Avengers help thing started AFTER The Avengers came out.

Did you see anyone say the same shit about Thor/Captain America/The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 1 and 2? Iron Man 3 is the first Post Avengers movie in the Marvel Universe, so expect it to get these kind of comments.

Thor is in Asgard battling and minding his own business. Captain America is on a secret mission with Hawkeye and Black Widow on the other side of the planet while Hulk is doing science in his basement at Stark Tower and sleeping while Stark is telling him his Christmas adventure. Mandarin terrorist's issue is supposed to be handled by US government and War Machine. That's not some exceptional Extraterrestrial threat menacing the entire Earth so no SHIELD involved, that's why there are no Avengers.

It took me 5 seconds to come with this answer.

• Like 1

Thor is in Asgard battling and minding his own business. Captain America is on a secret mission with Hawkeye and Black Widow on the other side of the planet while Hulk is doing science in his basement at Stark Tower and sleeping while Stark is telling him his Christmas adventure. Mandarin terrorist's issue is supposed to be handled by US government and War Machine. That's not some exceptional Extraterrestrial threat menacing the entire Earth so no SHIELD involved, that's why there are no Avengers.

Good job. Now that I know the truth, I can finally sleep at night.

• Like 1

I came to a different answer than you, but I agree.

He didn’t call the Avengers/SHIELD because there wasn’t much of an opportunity for him to do so. Let’s look at the film’s events in chronological order, shall we? He was taken by surprise by the missile attack at his home, so he couldn’t call them there. Same when he ran into those two Extremis goons when investigating. The infiltration of the Mandarin’s home was mostly stealthy. If SHIELD had turned up, it would’ve turned into a huge gunfight and the Mandarin might’ve gotten away. SHIELD wouldn’t have been able to arrive fast enough to stop the fake Iron Patriot (and Tony called the VP anyway so he didn’t need to call SHIELD) and they probably wouldn't have arrived in time for the final climax either.

• Like 2

And it shows.

• Like 2

Yeah, it took me exactly the same time Nolan took to write TDKR on a toilet paper. I guess I'm a genius.

Have you been into Daddy's wine again?

Posted Image

For the record I enjoyed Iron Man 3 and found it to somewhat above average summer blockbuster affair. I also don't think that 'Where are the Avengers' is an important question. Why aren't they around? Because this is an Iron Man film and the focus needed to be on him. 

If you must bring up Nolan for some reason (obsession!) Its just something fun to nick-pick about like the bat signal lighting up in TDKR. Its not anything to worry yourself over IMO. 

Edited by Phil in the Riddick
  • Like 2