Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I feel like Smallville started when I was in kindergarten and ended in my mid-twenties. That show was on for such a long time. Every year, I'd realize it was still on and go, "That's still on?"  :lol:

I have all the seasons of SV :ph34r:

• Like 1

Have you seen the trailer for it? I think you may change your mind after watching.

Of course I've seen the trailer. I'm not totally against it, just not on board either. Ergo, hesitant.

One thing that did make me laugh was their version of the Harlem Shake.

Edited by Jay Beezy

• Founder / Operator

I'm skeptical about GU2, personally. The first one was the only real comedy of the summer and this has all the feel of a rehash to me. Not to mention it opens in one of the most crowded summer for comedies in a long time.

But, it's Sandler and crew so I think it'll still hit $100m. Not sure about more.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, what are your sources saying for today? We really could use something.  :D

Haven't heard anything, unfortunately. I'm not sure if we'll get Saturday updates yet or just Friday ones--hopefully both though. :)

• Founder / Operator

Is it weird that there are no numbers announce yet? Even if it's just estimates? I'm new to this  :P

Nah, not really. It could be another few hours before we hear anything. Saturdays aren't usually as "immediate" as Friday reports.

Of course I've seen the trailer. I'm not totally against it, just not on board either. Ergo, hesitant.One thing that did make me laugh was their version of the Harlem Shake.

That's the only part that made you laugh? I was rolling throughout the trailer. Harlem Shake was beautiful I admit though and it keeps in time with what's big right now, which is very smart of them.

Nah, not really. It could be another few hours before we hear anything. Saturdays aren't usually as "immediate" as Friday reports.

I see. Thanks Shawn  :)

• Like 1

GU2 will be one of the bigger comedies this summer.

That's not saying that much though. With the exception of The Hangover 3, The Heat, and possibly This is the End, everything else looks like mid level hits to me.

• Founder / Operator

That's not saying that much though. With the exception of The Hangover 3, The Heat, and possibly This is the End, everything else looks like mid level hits to me.

That's... a lot, though. Granted, I guess it depends on expectations. We usually don't get more than 2 big comedy runs though. 3 if we're really lucky.

2012: Ted

2011: Bridesmaids, Hangover 2, Horrible Bosses

2010: Grown Ups

2009: Hangover, Proposal

2008: ummm, Sex and the City???

2007: Knocked Up, Superbad

2006: The Break-Up

And so on.

I'm skeptical about GU2, personally. The first one was the only real comedy of the summer and this has all the feel of a rehash to me. Not to mention it opens in one of the most crowded summer for comedies in a long time.But, it's Sandler and crew so I think it'll still hit $100m. Not sure about more.

Grown Ups 2 has no competition whatsoever. 2 comedies can co exist so The Heat and it will be just fine. All the rest of the comedies will be about finished their runs in July and the next comedy isn't until We're the millers a month later, which will bomb anyways. The trailer doesn't give off a been there done that vibe to me, it gives off a fresh and original vibe. Have you seen it? I'm telling you guys right now 150m is done and over 200m is likely for it.

I don't have anything against it! I only watched two episodes at most. It was just a surprisingly lengthy run.

its okay. Im girl and I was obsessed with Tom welling. DVDs are now on shells getting some dust. :(

That's the only part that made you laugh? I was rolling throughout the trailer. Harlem Shake was beautiful I admit though and it keeps in time with what's big right now, which is very smart of them.

I should have specified. The Grown Ups cast posted a video doing a parody of the Harlem Shake, unrelated to the movie.There were some funny moments in the trailer, nothing that made me ROFL, though.

• Founder / Operator

Grown Ups 2 has no competition whatsoever. 2 comedies can co exist so The Heat and it will be just fine. All the rest of the comedies will be about finished their runs in July and the next comedy isn't until We're the millers a month later, which will bomb anyways. The trailer doesn't give off a been there done that vibe to me, it gives off a fresh and original vibe. Have you seen it? I'm telling you guys right now 150m is done and over 200m is likely for it.

It's not direct competition that worries. It's an oversaturation of comedies--not to mention Sandler's rapidly declining audience since the first movie. I think it would be a huge win to just make $100m again. But that family crowd is hard to predict sometimes.

Edited by ShawnMR