Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Shawn I think as Iron Man 3 was not more hyped up then TA, it should have rather low preview to weekend ratio??

Opening day should be 67-69 million with those numbers as Im3 should easily match IM2 Friday business of 51 million with 3d.

• Founder / Operator

Shawn I think as Iron Man 3 was not more hyped up then TA, it should have rather low preview to weekend ratio??

Opening day should be 67-69 million with those numbers as Im3 should easily match IM2 Friday business of 51 million with 3d.

Avengers' WOM was a huge boost for it on Saturday and Sunday, though. Unless the reviews are misleading when it comes to general audiences, I don't see IM3 having the same preview-to-weekend ratio--especially since IM3 includes a ton of 9pm shows.

We're going into new math territory, boys and girls. This is the first big test. Get ready for a rollercoaster weekend. ;)

So how much of the increase is going to be as a result of 3D surcharges?

In the long run, it looks like it will increase over IM2, but in large part as a result of 3D prices driving up the gross.

Avengers' WOM was a huge boost for it on Saturday and Sunday, though. Unless the reviews are misleading when it comes to general audiences, I don't see IM3 having the same preview-to-weekend ratio--especially since IM3 includes a ton of 9pm shows.

We're going into new math territory, boys and girls. This is the first big test. Get ready for a rollercoaster weekend. ;)

True but Iron Man 2 did quite well over the weekend in relation to its midnight so I would say its on a great track.

In the long run, it looks like it will increase over IM2, but in large part as a result of 3D prices driving up the gross.

I think that what was IM3 goal in the end for all reasonable people.

I'd say that was always the sole purpose of the 3D.

• Like 2

$15m is an excellent #, if expected.  It's funny how so many of us on this site being good at predicting #s sometimes makes finding the actuals out somewhat a little boring...OW looks to be heading to an amazing $160m-ish, but since that was a very popular prediction, it lessons it a tad.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1