Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

It is wrong though. It had lower ticket sales than both. 3D is the reason it grossed more.

I don't think it had lower ticket sales than TDKR. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

I don't think it had lower ticket sales than TDKR.

We'll see what the actuals say, but Rth's most recent update is probably going to drop it below TDKR's ticket sales. They are pretty close to each other. Certainly not a situation to talk shit about "destroying" anything.

• Like 2

We'll see what the actuals say, but Rth's most recent update is probably going to drop it below TDKR's ticket sales. They are pretty close to each other. Certainly not a situation to talk shit about "destroying" anything.

Posted Image

What you need to appriciate is TDKR sold a lot if tickets in IMAX so they are very close, however TDKR also had the shooting to deflate its OW so comparing isnt really necessary.
  • Like 1

What you need to appriciate is TDKR sold a lot if tickets in IMAX so they are very close, however TDKR also had the shooting to deflate its OW so comparing isnt really necessary.

I do appreciate that regarding IMAX and you are right about the shooting. In any event, IM3 had an amazing opening and it'd be nice if people like Fullbuster would stop trying to start flame wars. I love both characters and I think it's amazing that Iron Man has come so far in a short amount of time. RDJ has Marvel and Disney by the balls at this point.

• Like 1

I do appreciate that regarding IMAX and you are right about the shooting. In any event, IM3 had an amazing opening and it'd be nice if people like Fullbuster would stop trying to start flame wars. I love both characters and I think it's amazing that Iron Man has come so far in a short amount of time. RDJ has Marvel and Disney by the balls at this point.

Oh come on, I was joking, nothing more :P

I loved TDK/TDKR/IM3,  I'm not a hater ;)

• Like 1

Any rational human being knows that TDKR would have done around 225m OW if it weren't for Aurora, and close to 800m domestic if it had 3D.

lulz...but seriously, 175ish and 460ish.

Oh come on, I was joking, nothing more :P

I loved TDK/TDKR/IM3,  I'm not a hater ;)

You did admit to trolling when I posted the troll boat though. :lol:

The whole ticket sold thing vs how much $$$ the movie made is only used as a crutch when the movie you're championing ends up getting it's ass kicked at the box office and it's used to try and keep the movie in the game, and in this case, that would be both TA and IM3 beating TDKR in OW total..

It's for the box office tragics.

I agree about the OW, but I think the total would have been more.

Who knows. In any case, it will be interesting to see how high IM3 can go with the insane amount of competition later this month. It has 2 weeks with very little competition, so hopefully it can rack up a ton of business before STID comes out.