Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Could RTH be wrong here? Could this still increase? If 42 M is true, is that a "usual" drop? I read posts that says 50 M is what they are expecting.

For once i really hope he got something mixed up 

But i doubt it.

Its looking at 42-43 i think

Could RTH be wrong here? Could this still increase? If 42 M is true, is that a "usual" drop? I read posts that says 50 M is what they are expecting.

RTH is an omniscient being. He is never wrong.

Over 170+ is a phenomenal opening.  The Avengers Bump really worked out well.  "IM3" was basically the sequel to The Avengers without being the sequel.  It was the start of Phase II so everyone had to check it out.  They did a great job marketing the film as Tony facing his nemesis in the Manderin so that really brought people in.

Even though that didn't happen

We will not know about WOM until the coming weeks.  But the opening was very solid and Iron Man is really a huge brand now.  Everyone else got swallowed up of course but some decent holds overall.  With all that said, I was surprised it sold less tickets than "TDKR" as someone mentioned but the Opening most exceeded expectations for sure. 

Iron Man 2: 32% Sunday Drop

Iron Man 1: 30% Sunday Drop

Iron Man 3: 28% Sunday Drop (Estimate)

Spidey 3: 22% Sunday Drop

Xmen 3: 20% Sunday Drop

The Avengers: 18% Sunday Drop

Rises: 10% Sunday Drop

Interesting. 

Edited by filmscholar

Iron Man 2: 32% Sunday DropIron Man 1: 30% Sunday DropIron Man 3: 28% Sunday Drop (Estimate)Spidey 3: 22% Sunday DropXmen 3: 20% Sunday DropThe Avengers: 18% Sunday DropRises: 10% Sunday Drop Interesting.

RTH has Sundays drop at about 32%...

Iron Man 2: 32% Sunday Drop

Iron Man 1: 30% Sunday Drop

Iron Man 3: 28% Sunday Drop (Estimate)

Spidey 3: 22% Sunday Drop

Xmen 3: 20% Sunday Drop

The Avengers: 18% Sunday Drop

Rises: 10% Sunday Drop

Interesting. 

Look at those 3rd movie drops+TA effect (should lighten blow). Max: 28% Min: 20% IMO.

What 32%? BOM has 28% as the estimate.  So RTH thinks actuals will drop 2-3 Million?

Look at those 3rd movie drops+TA effect (should lighten blow). Max: 28% Min: 20% IMO.

Rth said 42m Sunday.

Disagree. 

IM3 dropped 9% on sat. Avengers dropped almost 19%.

Its sunday drop were always going to be bigger...