Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

The Disney Board members who approved the go ahead in '09 to purchase Marvel Studios for some $4 Billion have got to be continually patting each others back. Talk about a return on investment already! And that's just Box Office.

The scary thing is that Disney could've paid double for Marvel and still would've made a killing by 2015. Edited by grey ghost

So how about the admissions between this and DH2? Almost identical, no?

I would assume DH2 has a tad bit more being 2011 dollars. 

I could be wrong.

I would assume DH2 has a tad bit more being 2011 dollars. 

I could be wrong.

I would say IM3 would be above DH2 in attendance because of the smaller 3D share, and because there is basically no inflation or very small one -in terms of the economy or ticket prices) since 2011.

I would say IM3 would be above DH2 in attendance because of the smaller 3D share, and because there is basically no inflation or very small one -in terms of the economy or ticket prices) since 2011.

DH2 had a smaller 3D share, no?

DH2 had a smaller 3D share, no?

Oh, actually I checked it and IM3 had a 45% 3D share, DH2 a 43% 3D share, so almost the same. Still, the difference is so small, and given that there was no inflation in the last couple of years (inflation was actually a bit negative, perhaps), I would say that IM3's attendance is a tad higher, but they are virtually the same.

Edited by zenithtim
  • Like 1

Oh, actually I checked it and IM3 had a 45% 3D share, DH2 a 43% 3D share, so almost the same. Still, the difference is so small, and given that there was no inflation in the last couple of years (inflation was actually a bit negative, perhaps), I would say that IM3's attendance is a tad higher, but they are virtually the same.

There was inflation in IMAX for sure.

I paid $20 to see DH2 in IMAX 3D here in NYC.

I just paid $21.50 this weekend.

There was inflation in IMAX for sure.

I paid $20 to see DH2 in IMAX 3D here in NYC.

I just paid $21.50 this weekend.

That might be true. How about the 3D prices - do you think they decreased or increased?

Edited by zenithtim

There will be a thread titled "IM3 What Went Wrong for Batman and Harry Potter Fans".

Batman - No 3D

Potter - Too frontloaded.

Posted Image

Living Tribunal FTW! One of the few beings arguably more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet. Too bad he's unlikely to make an appearance in the Marvel movieverse  :( .

Living Tribunal FTW! One of the few beings arguably more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet. Too bad he's unlikely to make an appearance in the Marvel movieverse  :( .

yep, he is just below the One Above All i.e God.

I love Marvel cosmic universe. Its something that DC universe is weak in.

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1