CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I think Root's story will be done when this first narrative arc of Person of Interest Season 2 is concluded, with an outside chance of an occasional recurring spot. Even if she hangs around that show for some time, she could still do a guest spot for SHIELD since TV actors do that stuff all the time if the schedules work out.But I think we're guaranteed at the minimum one or more Whedonians in a guest spot or recurring role. Main cast is another story since that's in part dependent on ABC's outlook for the show.

From Collider:

The team for the covert organization that is the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division is lead by Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson in the films), but Whedon has a whole new cast of characters for the potential television series, which he has teased in the past.

According to TV Line the new characters are as follows:

[*]Skye – This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm. (Or “the one all the dudes are going to want to sleep with”)

[*]Agent Grant Ward – Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you. (Or “the one all the chicks are going to want to sleep with”)

[*]Agent Althea Rice – Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged. (So, Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, minus the quiet part)

[*]Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons – These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry. (Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory)

• Community Manager

It's possible if they get things rolling with the pilot by the end of the year to have the series debut Fall 2013.

Huh? As long as they get the pilot done by late April, they can debut in Fall 2013 unless they have Terra Nova-level special effects. If the special effects are more what TV is used to, then it shouldn't have any problems working like any other pilot/show.

Huh? As long as they get the pilot done by late April, they can debut in Fall 2013 unless they have Terra Nova-level special effects. If the special effects are more what TV is used to, then it shouldn't have any problems working like any other pilot/show.

I said get things rolling, as in start casting, writing, pre-production. There's no harm in getting it done early for more time to tinker later.

• Community Manager

Posted Image

Prequel TV show? I'll take it!!!!

Though I wonder if at some point it has to catch up with events from The Avengers? :(

From what I gather, the two won't share an actual continuity. It's better that way: it would complicate shit too much if the movies had to follow the events of the show and vice versa.