baumer

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I agree it's not as good as Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre but I still enjoyed it.  Haley is a good Freddy but obviously no one will replace Englund.  

7/10

Yeah I didn't really like this one too much.  I found it weird that even some of the effects seemed worse than the original.  They took away any "specialness" of some of the original kills and just made them bland.

Haley was fine and i wouldn't mind seeing him as Freddy again, but the movie just was not creepy or scary.  It was dumbed down to just bad jump scares.

C-/D+

Edited by 75live

I liked it the first time I watched it. Probably because, visually, it's really stunning. But I watched it again yesterday on Blu-ray and, even though I still admire its visuals, the movie is just not entertaining. I respect the filmmakers for what they tried to do, but it didn't work.