CJohn

The Hangover Part III OS thread

It is exploding OS.

The beast is heading to 400M+ OS ... and it's not making much less than Hangover 2 585M.  :o despite 100M decrease DOM.

Hyperbole much. Calm down, it's only one territory.  :stop:

The numbers we have now are from the one of the tiny handful of markets where FF6 hasn't opened yet (and won't open until June 6th). In most other OS markets there's a one-week gap in the opposite direction (FF6 first, TH3 after), but unless FF6 underperforms, I don't see TH3 breaking out anywhere else outside maybe a couple of freakish exceptions.

It is exploding OS.

The beast is heading to 400M+ OS ... and it's not making much less than Hangover 2 585M.  :o despite 100M decrease DOM.

Exploding? Based on a single market in which it dropped from the previous film? That makes no sense.

The Hangover series makes very little of its money in developing markets, so if it's dropping in Australia, it will probably make less OS.

Edited by Tower

Didnt Hangover 3 open 80%+ from Hangover 2 in AU ?  :unsure:

It opened at 80% of TH2, not 80% over TH2. In other words it dropped 20%. That was apparently better than projections, but still not a fantastic result when you consider its only real competitors are the leftover STID and IM3. In other markets it's either going head to head with FF6 or opens just one week later.

Edited by Bob Violence

It opened at 80% of TH2, not 80% over TH2. In other words it dropped 20%. That was apparently better than projections, but still not a fantastic result when you consider its only real competitors are the leftover STID and IM3.

Ah, I see. mistook it.  :)

So 300M is more likely for it.

^ We need more territories before making that assumption but I wouldn't be shocked if this out performs that last one internationally. Judging by Ted and TH Part 2,oversea's audiences will turn out in masses for certain R-rated comedies. 

The Hangover Part III opened at number one in its first three markets over the weekend to generate a formidable $19.2m from 1,595 screens.

The UK led the way on $9.2m including $1.6m in previews from 1,006, followed by Australia on $9m and New Zealand on $1m. The comedy is set to arrive in more than 50 markets next weekend.

Hope it flops in more places.

Dude, you are from China. I don;t know whether you are of Chinese descent or not. But how do you or other Chinese take that grotesque caricature played Ken Jeong. I literally cringed at every moment this character appeared onscreen. He is funny in small doses in HO1. But he overstayed his welcome in #2 and he is simply atrocious in #3. I take it Chinese audience would simply walk out.

Dude, you are from China. I don;t know whether you are of Chinese descent or not. But how do you or other Chinese take that grotesque caricature played Ken Jeong. I literally cringed at every moment this character appeared onscreen. He is funny in small doses in HO1. But he overstayed his welcome in #2 and he is simply atrocious in #3. I take it Chinese audience would simply walk out.

Ken Jeong is of South Korean descent FYI. But he's basically American anyway.